A few months back, we had the opportunity to review our first product from Leef, the Magnet 3.0. Today, we switch gears slightly, and take a look at a pico solution from Leef.
The sliver of a flash drive we have in-house today is called the Leef Surge Copper. Capacities range from the 16GB model that was sent to us for review, to the 32GB, and 64GB models. It's worth noting that while this drive is one of smallest flash drives on the planet, it is a USB 2.0 flash drive, so we don't expect it will be a high performance solution.
MSRP of the Leef Surge Copper in the 16GB flavor is listed at $14.99, with a ten-year warranty.
As you can see above, Leef put extra thought into the product packaging. We have the copper symbol and attributes from the periodic table on the left, with the drive's capacity listed at the top.
The back of the packaging does give a little bit of information on the Surge.
Next up, we get our first hands-on experience with the Surge. As you can probably see, the Surge is a very small flash drive to the point where I would need to be very careful not to lose it while transporting.
The Leef Surge Copper is factory formatted with the FAT32 file system, ensuring compatibility between Windows and Macintosh computers. The usable capacity after formatting is 14.9GB.
CrystalDiskMark results showed the Surge Copper coming in around 18 MB/s read, and 8 MB/s write. As I stated in the intro, I didn't expect this drive to be an extreme performance solution.
Price/Performance put the Surge Copper at the bottom of our chart due to the interface being USB 2.0, and the drive not having enough performance to offset the price.
If your one that really enjoys having the extreme portability of pico flash drives, the Leef Surge Copper is a drive you would surely enjoy having. The build quality of the drive is top notch, and the copper exterior offers added aesthetic appeal.
Performance of the Surge Copper was on par with expectations, and quite good for a USB 2.0 solution. In our testing we were able to touch 18 MB/s read, and 8MB/s write.
The Leef Surge Copper in the 16GB capacity enjoys a great MSRP of $14.99.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Pixel 2 revealed in a new leak
- Hands-on Meizu Pro 7 photo shows secondary display
- BioWare dev confirms new Dragon Age game in development
- Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon 450
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro 2 specs leak: Dual camera, 3GB of RAM
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus