Test System Setup
For our tests, we had two sets of CPUs to run. We used both AMD Opteron 6338P 12-core CPUs and AMD Opteron 6370P 16-core CPUs.
Looking at a CPUz screenshot of the AMD Opteron 6338P 12-core CPUs, we can see a TDP of 99 watts and a clock speed of 2483.76MHz. The base clock speed of these CPUs is 2300 MHz, and they feature a turbo speed of 2800MHz. In the BIOS, we set the system to run in performance mode, and that explains the slight increase in base speed. The core voltage on this CPU is 1.112V.
Looking at a CPUz screen for the AMD Opteron 6370P 16-core CPUs, we see these also have a TDP of 99 watts, and they have a slightly lower core voltage of 1.064V. This CPU is showing a clock speed of 2199.88MHz. The base clock speed of these CPUs is 2000MHz with a turbo speed of 2500MHz. Again, we have the system set to run in performance mode in the BIOS.
In order to keep heat under control, the 6370P has a lower base speed, but four more cores. We expect single-threaded performance to be slightly lower on the 6370P, but it will have higher multi-threaded scores.
That is the tradeoff between these two CPUs: higher single-threaded results versus higher multi-threaded results.
These processors are based on the Warsaw core for enterprise class servers. Warsaw CPUs are built using the 32nm "Piledriver" microarchitecture. They offer better performance per watt than Opteron 6300 products.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel