Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
3DMark Vantage tests both processor and graphics performance, and is a good indication of how systems compare. The results are generally more repeatable and consistent than other forms of benchmarking. Vantage uses DirectX 10, and can handle multi-core CPUs.
Our updated EON17-S blows away the competition with a score of 30,413. The nearest competitor is the older EON17-S that we tested, and that is around 5,000 marks lower. The only place the older EON17-S wins is in CPU performance. If you'll recall, that system had a massively overclocked CPU.
Version and / or Patch Used: 126.96.36.199
3DMark 11 is the latest version of the world's most popular benchmark. Designed to measure your PC's gaming performance, 3DMark 11 makes extensive use of all the new features in DirectX 11, including tessellation, compute shaders, and multi-threading. Trusted by gamers worldwide to give accurate and unbiased results, 3DMark 11 is the best way to consistently and reliably test DirectX 11 under game-like loads.
Unfortunately, we had to update 3DMark 11, so we don't have comparable results for the older EON17-S. However, we can tell you that the Origin EON17-S once again stole the show with a total score of 8,535. The powerful GPU really came into play here, boosting the EON17-S' score nearly 4,000 marks higher than the comparable gaming laptops.
3DMark – Cloud Gate
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.0.0
Cloud Gate is a new test that is designed for Windows notebooks and typical home PCs. Cloud Gate includes two graphics tests, and a physics test. Cloud Gate uses a DirectX 11 engine limited to Direct3D feature level 10, making it suitable for testing DirectX 10 compatible hardware. Cloud Gate will only be available in the Windows editions of 3DMark initially.
As with Vantage, the EON17-S manages to take another victory with a score of 18,632. The next closest competitor is again the older EON17-S. Once again, today's review unit falls to the older model in CPU performance, strictly because of the massive overclock on the older model. However, today's model features a GPU that garnered more than 5,000 extra marks over the previous model.
Version and / or Patch Used: Latest Origin Update
Battlefield 4 is the latest installation in the Battlefield franchise. We benchmark Battlefield 4 with a custom 60 second run at the beginning of Siege of Shanghai. Settings are 1920x1080 for the resolution with the "Graphics Quality" set to Ultra.
This is our first system through the lab that we have benchmarked with Battlefield 4. Taking a look at our benchmark results, we can say that we would likely want to turn down the settings somewhat to enjoy the game without random slowdowns during action scenes. Battlefield 4 is definitely playable, though, and we managed to get around 60 FPS during an informal 64 player online match with these settings.
Version and / or Patch Used: Latest Origin Update
Crysis 3 is run at 1920x1080 resolution with the graphics specifications set to "Very High." No anti-aliasing is used. See the picture above for full details. FRAPS is used to record 60 seconds worth of FPS data, and recording starts at the beginning of the campaign, and finishes most of the way up the tower. The game is played in a similar manner each time.
The 880M clearly helps out our Crysis 3 performance, boosting the average FPS up by 4.6 over the next closest system, which was running a GTX 780M. At these settings, we see a minimum of 28 FPS. We would definitely recommend turning down the setting some if you plan to play Crysis 3 on this system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Configurations and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Temperatures, Cooling and Noise]
- Page 3 [User Interfaces]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [Accessory Port Layout and Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Gaming Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - System Performance]
- Page 8 [Battery Life Performance]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Force Awakens' final cut
- Nintendo's 'Mario Kart' eSports show coming to DisneyXD channel
- MSI Z170A Krait motherboard includes Rainbow Six Siege, new design
- GeForce 359.06 driver prepares you for Just Cause 3, Rainbow Six Siege
- Chrome Data Saver mode now reduces data usage up to 70%
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China
- IGEL UDC2 now converts enterprise-class Dell Wyse thin clients
- Technology and Innovation Key to Cost Reduction and Capital Efficiency as Companies Strive to Meet Future Energy Demand, IHS Says
- Patriot Introduces 128GB Compact USB Flash Drives for Optimal Portable Storage Solutions