Accessory Port Layout and Performance
The left side (from back to front) features a 1394 jack, the Ethernet port, two USB 3.0 ports, a combo eSATA / USB 2.0 port, and a card reader.
The back (from left to right in the image) features a DisplayPort 1.2 port, a HDMI port, a mini DisplayPort port, and the power jack.
The right side (from back to front) features a USB 2.0 port, various audio jacks (microphone, headphones, and two others), and the Blu-ray reader.
Above, you can see the USB 2.0 read performance of the Origin EON17-S. It produced an average of 30.7 MB/s, putting it in the middle of the pack.
USB 2.0 write performance comes in at 26.4 MB/s average. This put the EON17-S in second place.
As far as USB 3.0 performance goes, the notebook just breaks the 100 MB/s barrier at 102.4 MB/s. This puts it in the middle of the pack.
The trend continues with USB 3.0 write speeds, and the EON17-S barely squeaks into the 100 MB/s category with 102.2 MB/s. This puts it in the middle of the pack, but definitely further towards the back than the front.
Because the EON17-S is a desktop replacement notebook with lots of space, Origin placed an eSATA port on board. In terms of read performance, the EON17-S places second with 121.4 MB/s; just behind the 123.8 MB/s of the P2542.
A similar trend can be seen with eSATA write performance. The EON17-S again comes in second with a write speed of 152.6 MB/s —behind the leader's massive 198.6 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Configurations and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Temperatures, Cooling and Noise]
- Page 3 [User Interfaces]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [Accessory Port Layout and Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Gaming Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - System Performance]
- Page 8 [Battery Life Performance]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni