128k Sequential Read/Write
128k sequential speed reflects the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD. The Seagate 600 Pro averages 491 MB/s, but does so even at relatively light loadings. The Micron M500DC averages 417 MB/s at 256 OIO, and the Intel DC S3500 delivers an average of 441 MB/s.
The 600 Pro provides the lowest overall latency.
The Seagate 600 Pro provides excellent sequential write speed at 452 MB/s. The M500DC averages 388 MB/s, and the DC S3500 averages 424 MB/s.
The M500DC exerts its dominance in mixed sequential workloads, winning the majority of the tests.
The Seagate 600 Pro averages 3.67 watts, well below the competing SSDs. The M500DC averages 5.24 watts, and the DC S3500 averages 4.83 watts.
The Seagate 600 Pro averages 122 MB/s per watt. The M500DC averages 73 MB/s per watt, and the DC S3500 averages 87 MB/s per watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Seagate 600 Pro Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks – 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks – Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'The Get Down' costs Netflix $16 million per episode
- Star Citizen alpha is free until October 30
- Nintendo 'hasn't shown everything' on Switch just yet
- Watch Dogs 2 trailer welcomes you to San Francisco
- Rule the streets on this official 'Mario Kart' bike
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now