8k Random Read/Write
Server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance, and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server workloads also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
Once again, the Seagate 600 Pro leads with its excellent random read performance of 52,946 IOPS at 256 OIO. The average 8k random read speed of the Micron M500DC is 48,034 IOPS at 256 OIO, and the Intel DC S3500 measures 44,444 IOPS.
All three SSDs exhibit a tight latency range during the 8k random read test, with the 600 Pro taking a comfortable lead.
The Seagate 600 Pro averages 15,552 IOPS with 256 OIO, while the M500DC easily leads with an average of 23,852 IOPS. The DC S3500 averages 6,937 IOPS.
The M500DC leads the 8k mixed workload testing for the majority of the test. The 600 Pro takes the lead from 40-80%, while the DC S3500 has a tighter performance profile; it is well below the M500DC and 600 Pro.
The 600 Pro continues its exceptionally low power consumption with an average of 3.17 watts. The M500DC averages 4.77 watts, and the DC S3500 averages 3.75 watts during the measurement window.
The 600 Pro edges out the competition with an average of 4,896 IOPS-per-Watt. The M500DC trails slightly with 4,877 IOPS-per-Watt, and the DC S3500 averages 1,584 IOPS-per-Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Seagate 600 Pro Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks – 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks – Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives