Quad HD Is Here, Please Don't Go Away: I don't think I'm ever going to be capable of going back to a smartphone without a Quad HD display. I know I will, but LG has spoiled us all with the G3's beautiful 2560x1440-capable display.
It's Blazingly Fast: Qualcomm's Snapdragon 801 SoC provides some serious horsepower, but so does the 3GB of RAM. Multi-tasking and loading the phone with games and high-res video does nothing to slow the G3 down.
SlimPort Connectivity: Analogix's SlimPort technology is something that more smartphones these days are receiving, but not enough of them include it. Once you used SlimPort, you'll never go back to anything else. I was able to hook up my G3 to my big screen TV to view the photos on my phone without lag – normally there would be very noticeable input lag, something that doesn't happen with SlimPort.
In saying that, games are even better – plugging in a simple cable and putting it into your TV can have you playing games on the big screen without input lag - just another reason why the G3 is the perfect Android phone right now.
LG + Android 4.4: LG has upgraded to Android 4.4 KitKat, so the G3 has the latest version of Google's mobile OS. LG hasn't changed the UI too much, but from what it has changed, it's something that you get used to quick. It also doesn't feel like it's over bloated with unnecessary UI elements that lead to confusion.
It Doesn't Do My Laundry: From my first few days with the G3, there's nothing I can complain about. I'm going to use it for a few more weeks and provide a kind of "review 2.0" on it, something that will include some benchmarks, and more of a look at the camera. For now, it's a truly beautiful smartphone from what I've seen.
I was a massive fan of the G2 smartphone, giving it 90% when I reviewed it late last year. I also love the Nexus 5, which is made by LG, based off the G2, but the G3 is at an entire new level. LG has crafted a handset that puts them right at the top of the smartphone game, something I think will last for a while yet.
There are plenty of great handsets on the market right now, with the Sony Xperia Z2, HTC One M8, Samsung's Galaxy S5 and Note 3, but the G3 is in a league of its own thanks to the 5.5-inch 2560x1440 display.
It's hard choosing between smartphones right now, and even after reading this review – you might not be convinced yet. I would look at competition before dumping down the money on the G3, but if you do, you will not be disappointed.
This is LG's best work yet, by a long shot. Be on the lookout for a more thorough review to come in the next couple of weeks!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- How Fallout 4's perk system might work
- The fully-optioned Tesla Model X electric SUV costs a huge $143,750
- Toshiba announces 12.5' Satellite Radius 12 2-in-1 convertible laptop
- Halo 5 opening cinematic teases a bunch of stuff you can't do in-game
- The new Nexus 5 will feature 1080p display, 6-core CPU and USB Type-C
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015