LG has baked Android 4.4 KitKat onto the G3, which is something I was grateful for when powering up the smartphone for the first time. The LG team has done some great work with the UI, and it doesn't feel as overpowering as Samsung's TouchWiz (which I think is a joke right now).
LG's UI is simple, yet powerful, and the multi-tasking on it is something that you can get used to very easily. I'm a simple user, I don't use many apps outside of Gmail, Chrome, Drive, Facebook, Twitter (occasionally), Maps, MyGlass and a few others.
The KnockOn feature is great, as you can tap the front of the G3 twice to wake it up, and another two times to put it back to sleep. LG has amped this up by providing KnockCode, which lets you use knocking patterns to secure your phone.
The South Korean giant has also provided a new keyboard, known as the Smart Keyboard, which was actually quite pleasant to use. As a massive SwiftKey fan, I thought Smart Keyboard wouldn't be all that useful, but it ended up being something that I quite enjoyed on the G3.
The G3 connects, disconnects, and changes Wi-Fi networks faster than any smartphone I've ever used – which is something that all phones should do from here on out. I couldn't believe my eyes when I typed in the password for my Wi-Fi and it was connected within a single second.
Let's Take the Camera For a Spin
At first, I wasn't a big fan of the camera – but that all changed when I started getting used to the G3. LG's spiffy laser-assisted 13-megapixel rear-facing snapper is nothing short of bloody amazing. Instead of talking about it, I'm going to throw a bunch of photos for you to check out below. Click on them for the unresized and uncompressed version straight from the camera.
When it comes to shooting video, wow oh wow – the G3 has some incredible 4K video abilities. We have a video below.
That won't be all, we'll be doing a follow up review with many more photos and videos in the next week or two.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- NVIDIA showed off its next-gen HBM-based Pascal GPU in Japan recently
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog