The Look and Feel of the G3
At first glance, you can't help but be consumed by the gorgeous 5.5-inch 2560x1440 display, but it's not all about the pixels, either. LG has crammed as much as it could onto the display, pushing the 5.5-inch pixel-heavy display right to the edges. This means we have next to no bezel, which is something that really stands out when using the G3.
Round back, we have a brushed metal look, similar to the work done by HTC on its latest smartphones. It looks great, but I would've expected something a little better on an otherwise perfect smartphone.
It feels great to hold, with the 5.5-inch device not feeling like a massive smartphone. I have regular sized hands, and it feels super comfortable to use – be it watching YouTube videos, taking photos or videos, on a phone call, or typing up an e-mail or using Facebook.
LG has opted for its usual volume rocker on the back of the G3, with the power button squeezed in the middle. The LG KnockOn feature is at play, so you can simply double tap the G3's display to wake it up, or put it back to sleep. This is a nice touch, as it means you don't need to rely on reaching, or trying to find the power button on the back of the G3.
The World's First Smartphone Display at 2560x1440 Is Nothing Short of Beautiful
The 5.5-inch display LG has used on the G3 is simply beautiful, the colors are vibrant, everything is razor sharp, and with the edge-to-edge display, it fills the front of the G3 perfectly. I have absolutely no negative things to say about the display that LG has baked into the G3 - it really is the biggest selling point here.
4K video playback is stunning, 1080p is just as good – watching YouTube videos at the highest resolution possible is again, nothing short of awesome. The edge-to-edge display LG has used makes good use of the front of the phone, so you're not getting an even bigger phone thanks to the already large 5.5-inch display.
The Quad HD display doesn't allow you to do anymore on the G3 than you would with a Full HD display, so you're not receiving anymore home screen real estate – which is a shame. The extra pixels are there to simply make everything else look much better.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ARCHOS unveils the larger screened Diamond Plus smartphone
- Star Wars: Battlefront beta hits in October, features 20v20 chaos
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20