As of late, Vantec has been revamping their product line-ups and their brand. In the past few months, we have seen a higher attention to detail and higher quality products being brought to market, and that continues today with Vantec's new USB 3.0 Hub.
The product we are looking at today is the UGT-AH100U3, or the 10-Port USB 3.0 Hub, from Vantec. This hub features 10 ports laid out across an aluminum rectangle that accepts power for all the port via an external adapter that is supplied with the unit. For compatibility with the Vantec 10 Port Hub, it requires no driver and should have no issues plugging into a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port, but it's safe to say you will want to use a USB 3.0 port for the best in performance.
MSRP for the Vantec 10-Port USB 3.0 Hub is set at $59.99 with a one-year warranty.
Scope of delivery includes the USB 3.0 cable, power adapter, and reading materials.
Here you can see the front of the hub and the 10 ports. Each port carries its own LED, which lets you know the device that's plugged in is active.
Here you can get an idea of the profile of the Vantec hub.
The end of the hub houses the USB 3.0 input and power connection.
Performance of the hub was tested with a Samsung 840 Pro SSD plugged into the last port of the hub. As you can see, we had no issues with performance, and we were able to maximize the capabilities of our system's USB 3.0.
USB hubs have long been a staple on the desktop, and while many systems are now coming with a plethora of USB 3.0 ports, it's always nice to have a hub on your desk where you can plug in many drives and go without having to fiddle around with the back of your PC.
Build quality of this unit was superb. The aluminum construction gives a certain appeal to the hub while also making it strong enough to handle a few drops.
Performance of the hub was great as well. We had no bottlenecking issues with the hub and were able to hit 436 MB/s read with ease.
MSRP of the Vantec 10-Port Hub is set at $59.99 with a one-year warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the Vantec 10-Port Hub for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Vantec 10-Port Hub retails for $57.80 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- HDD is going bad. Best way to transfer to new HDD?
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti