As of late, Vantec has been revamping their product line-ups and their brand. In the past few months, we have seen a higher attention to detail and higher quality products being brought to market, and that continues today with Vantec's new USB 3.0 Hub.
The product we are looking at today is the UGT-AH100U3, or the 10-Port USB 3.0 Hub, from Vantec. This hub features 10 ports laid out across an aluminum rectangle that accepts power for all the port via an external adapter that is supplied with the unit. For compatibility with the Vantec 10 Port Hub, it requires no driver and should have no issues plugging into a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port, but it's safe to say you will want to use a USB 3.0 port for the best in performance.
MSRP for the Vantec 10-Port USB 3.0 Hub is set at $59.99 with a one-year warranty.
Scope of delivery includes the USB 3.0 cable, power adapter, and reading materials.
Here you can see the front of the hub and the 10 ports. Each port carries its own LED, which lets you know the device that's plugged in is active.
Here you can get an idea of the profile of the Vantec hub.
The end of the hub houses the USB 3.0 input and power connection.
Performance of the hub was tested with a Samsung 840 Pro SSD plugged into the last port of the hub. As you can see, we had no issues with performance, and we were able to maximize the capabilities of our system's USB 3.0.
USB hubs have long been a staple on the desktop, and while many systems are now coming with a plethora of USB 3.0 ports, it's always nice to have a hub on your desk where you can plug in many drives and go without having to fiddle around with the back of your PC.
Build quality of this unit was superb. The aluminum construction gives a certain appeal to the hub while also making it strong enough to handle a few drops.
Performance of the hub was great as well. We had no bottlenecking issues with the hub and were able to hit 436 MB/s read with ease.
MSRP of the Vantec 10-Port Hub is set at $59.99 with a one-year warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the Vantec 10-Port Hub for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Vantec 10-Port Hub retails for $57.80 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Project CARS 2 latest screenshots look amazing
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications