Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article.
We would have liked to see slightly better results than the 50.5 degree average we got, and while it's not that bad overall, it does fall short of other AIOs in its class.
This was a bit disappointing to be blunt. While still much better than a stock cooler, the Reserator 3 Max Dual was even bested by its little brother, let alone the Antec, CoolerMaster, and Corsair units above it in the charts.
Noise Level Results
With the fans dialed down to 1500 RPM at 7.5V, the noise coming from the fans is only 35 dB. While they are audible, it is nothing that cannot be dealt with.
Once the fans were set free, they spooled up to a reported speed of 2280 RPM, and delivered a very loud 67 dB of noise into the room. We also noticed that in certain instances when the radiator was hung vertically, we would get a fan harmonic as well that would oscillate, and that was rather annoying.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Zalman Reserator 3 Max Dual CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch retail packaging wastes so much space
- Mass Effect: Andromeda's combat looks amazingly fun
- Top 15 Presidents Day Kaby Lake laptop deals for 2017
- AMD Ryzen CPUs spotted in the flesh, retail boxes too
- LG officially announces the G6 camera specs
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league