Sitting here thinking about what the Lobera Supreme brought to the table, there is a lot to talk about with this keyboard. While it did take us a couple of days to get used to the lighter Kailh brown switches, the more we used it, the more we appreciated it. We didn't find ourselves pressing the keys into that notorious clock of the Cherry MX switches as they caps slap against the steel tray. There were no harmonics in the steel plate either that were discernible over the couple of weeks that we played around with this keyboard.
On top of its basic functionality from a typist's point of view, there are all the great "gamer" aspects to this design as well. Between the Windows lockout, on-the-fly Macro recording, remapping, reassignment, and five profiles, the only thing missing is a mention of the onboard storage size. We know it has some, because the circle that had 0% in it is a counter of the space left to use.
The lighting options are not full RGB, but as we said earlier, we feel one of the 228 colors offered will suit your needs. Another cool feature we noticed was the ability to swap Roll Over support modes. We noticed that when moving the NKRO support, the lights shut off because the keyboard actually resets to take on the change at a push of two buttons; pretty cool. We also noticed that when in any of the profiles, the G-key, or windows lockout key, is always active by default. A cool feature they offer here, is that when you turn off the G-key, the keyboard LEDs will change color to denote that that key is turned off, even though there is an LED in that button. The H-keys are also handy as we learned previously from ROCCAT, and when we first saw it then, the comment was made as to how long it would take to see it elsewhere –well here we are.
The software is sort of confusing at first, but looking in the manual helps, as does checking out the online tutorials that Tesoro offers on site. Part of the issue we had here was that we feel they spent a lot of time concerned with the way things look, without actually thinking of those who have to use it. Because they used tiny little popup windows with even smaller text than the main window, we had a tough time reading things, and we use a forty inch display. The layout is easy for remapping, and even when it comes to the Macros, but hiding the color options behind a tiny arrow was strange, and trying to read the dropdown menu in the thumb keys section was nearly impossible. However, once it is all figured out, the possibilities at your fingertips are near limitless.
For those of you that loved the ROCCAT keyboards, and loathed the use of only blue LEDs, here is a viable option that is very comparable; we might almost say it's a direct replacement. While we may have used references to other companies, Tesoro did take a lot of the best features out on the market, and packed it all into one keyboard. And they did so without going crazy and adding ten or twenty "gamer" keys. With a design such as this, and with all the features you could want built right in, it more than justifies the near $140 price point.
We feel that even if it's based on Kailh switches, that this could very well be the next mechanical keyboard to make a huge name for itself once more users get this Lobera Supreme from Tesoro on their desktops. We really cannot say enough, this is just one of those keyboards you just have to use to understand, and we suggest you do so at your next available chance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Tesoro Lobera Supreme Mechanical Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Lobera Supreme Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NieR: Automata PC release date 'accidentally' revealed
- Nintendo Switch launch game exceeds console's storage
- AMD will dominate the mid-range with Ryzen 7 1700X
- AMD's new Ryzen 7 1800X: 8C/16T @ 4GHz for $499
- AMD's new Ryzen CPU hits 52% IPC improvement
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- H97M Pro4 - Intel Smart Connect Technology is running in Win10 but not in Win7
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood