Packaging and the DS380 Continued
Starting off the third page of this article, we take our first look inside the chassis. As you can see, we have the hot swap bays to the left and the internal four bay rack to the right. The motherboard tray sits in the back of the chassis.
To remove the drive rack, there are two screws on the bottom side of the enclosure.
Now that we have the drive cage out, we can get a good look at it. Here we have dual Molex connections that fan out throughout the PCB and are connected to the caps to supply clean, ripple free power to the drives. Furthermore, we have 16 SATA connectors on the back of the unit, eight of which are used to connect SAS drives.
Now that we have the drive cage out of the unit, we can take yet another look inside. As you can see, we have quite a bit of room to work with here. Up front, we have the front panel wires coming through around the fans, while the fan wires, while not sleeved, follow the same path towards the motherboard.
The setup we are installing in our DS380 is an MSI Z87I Gaming AC motherboard, an Intel Core i7 4770 CPU, and 16GB of Patriot Extreme Masters.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the DS380]
- Page 3 [Packaging and the DS380 Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC teams with Thermaltake on new GTX 1080 ArcticStorm
- Pokemon GO in-game Halloween event set for Oct 26 to Nov
- AMD confirms high-end Zen CPU launch for early 2017
- Dishonored 2 live-action gameplay trailer looks awesome
- Sony hires new director for the 'Uncharted' feature film
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards