Packaging and the DS380 Continued
Starting off the third page of this article, we take our first look inside the chassis. As you can see, we have the hot swap bays to the left and the internal four bay rack to the right. The motherboard tray sits in the back of the chassis.
To remove the drive rack, there are two screws on the bottom side of the enclosure.
Now that we have the drive cage out, we can get a good look at it. Here we have dual Molex connections that fan out throughout the PCB and are connected to the caps to supply clean, ripple free power to the drives. Furthermore, we have 16 SATA connectors on the back of the unit, eight of which are used to connect SAS drives.
Now that we have the drive cage out of the unit, we can take yet another look inside. As you can see, we have quite a bit of room to work with here. Up front, we have the front panel wires coming through around the fans, while the fan wires, while not sleeved, follow the same path towards the motherboard.
The setup we are installing in our DS380 is an MSI Z87I Gaming AC motherboard, an Intel Core i7 4770 CPU, and 16GB of Patriot Extreme Masters.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the DS380]
- Page 3 [Packaging and the DS380 Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- The first sign of Kaby Lake X: the Intel Core i7-7740K
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse