Over the last year and a half, we have seen many flash drives come through the lab. Of these many drives, very few of them are truly built to last forever. In fact, the way I see it, and I'm sure many of you do as well, flash drives are disposable storage solutions.
A little over a year ago, we looked at the MX ES. If I remember right, it was one of the very first flash drives I reviewed. Today, we come back to that flash drive as Mach Xtreme Technology has released new, larger capacity drives in this series. The MX ES was one of the very few drives to come through using SLC NAND, with the only other drive I can think of being the Lexar Triton. The MX ES in the 64GB capacity carries marketing specifications of 200 MB/s read, and 200 MB/s write. Compatibility extends to modern Windows operating systems, along with OS X.
MSRP of the Mach Xtreme Technology ES in the 64GB flavor is listed at $109.99 with a five-year warranty.
Packaging for the MX ES consists of a cardboard backer, and bubble plastic covering. Marketing information is listed on the left side of the packaging.
The flash drive itself is housed in an aluminium case with a capped design.
Here you can see the USB 3.0 port.
The MX ES is factory formatted with the FAT32 file system, ensuring compatibility between Windows and Macintosh computers. The usable capacity after formatting is 59.5GB.
Above, we have the results from our testing with CDM. As you can see, we were able to reach 207 MB/s read, and 216 MB/s write.
Price/Performance for the MX ES in the 64GB capacity brought the drive up quite a bit over its 32GB counterpart. Here you can see we are now at 55% over the 45% of the 32GB model.
With larger capacity flash drives, the increase in capacity yields more performance. The same can be said here with the 64GB MX ES. With the increase up to 64GB, we have gained 35 MB/s read, and 30 MB/s write, with the same level of build quality found in the smaller capacities. Of course, part of that build quality comes from the use of SLC NAND, and the aluminium exterior.
Performance of the MX ES was quite good. We were able to top 200 MB/s both read and write, and our Price/Performance charts put the drive right in the middle of the pack.
MSRP of the Mach Xtreme Technology ES in the 64GB capacity is set at $109.99 with a five-year warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the MACH XTREME TECHNOLOGY ES 64GB for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The MACH XTREME TECHNOLOGY ES 64GB retails for $109.00 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- R.I.P. Bill Paxton 1955-2017
- Iconic Nokia 3310 is now official and comes with Snake
- LG G6 is official with Snapdragon 821 and 18:9 display
- Intel scrambles, emails tech media over Ryzen reviews
- Qualcomm Snapdragon X50: supporting 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand
- Introducing LG XPower2 with high capacity battery designed for demanding users
- Enjoy incredible performance of AMD RYZEN with BIOSTAR X370GT5 motherboard
- COLORFUL introduces iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G Advanced video card
- Team Group introduces its fastest SSD for gamers with T-FORCE CARDEA M.2 SSD