On the package is a sticker that shows the configuration, package contents, and some of the specifications.
The server ships in a thick box, and the package is surprisingly smaller than what we expected. The NAS isn't full depth, so it didn't require a massive package to keep it secure.
Inside, we found a well-packaged server with good protection for shipping. The drive rails were in a separate box inside the package.
I prefer two inches of dense foam on all sides, but we didn't get that on the 5400r WSS. The foam on the sides is only around an inch thick, but the box is thicker than most.
Inside, we found four paper manuals and instruction sheets.
The server ships with cage nuts, screws, one Ethernet cable, a power cable, a reusable zip tie, and a USB flash drive and system restore flash-based media.
Rack rails are also included and shouldn't be over looked. Many NAS products ship without rails, and the manufacturer sells them as an add-on. We've never really liked the 'add-on' approach since you can't rack a server without them in a graceful manner, and $150+ seems a bit much for an add-on accessory that is a necessity.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei unveils the Watch 2 and Watch 2 Classic
- Enter the 'Doctor Strange' world in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Huawei unveils the P10 and P10 Plus
- R.I.P. Bill Paxton 1955-2017
- Iconic Nokia 3310 is now official and comes with Snake
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand
- Introducing LG XPower2 with high capacity battery designed for demanding users
- Enjoy incredible performance of AMD RYZEN with BIOSTAR X370GT5 motherboard
- COLORFUL introduces iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G Advanced video card
- Team Group introduces its fastest SSD for gamers with T-FORCE CARDEA M.2 SSD