On the package is a sticker that shows the configuration, package contents, and some of the specifications.
The server ships in a thick box, and the package is surprisingly smaller than what we expected. The NAS isn't full depth, so it didn't require a massive package to keep it secure.
Inside, we found a well-packaged server with good protection for shipping. The drive rails were in a separate box inside the package.
I prefer two inches of dense foam on all sides, but we didn't get that on the 5400r WSS. The foam on the sides is only around an inch thick, but the box is thicker than most.
Inside, we found four paper manuals and instruction sheets.
The server ships with cage nuts, screws, one Ethernet cable, a power cable, a reusable zip tie, and a USB flash drive and system restore flash-based media.
Rack rails are also included and shouldn't be over looked. Many NAS products ship without rails, and the manufacturer sells them as an add-on. We've never really liked the 'add-on' approach since you can't rack a server without them in a graceful manner, and $150+ seems a bit much for an add-on accessory that is a necessity.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni