The SiS 655TX chipset after the tests we have seen can be classed as a mid range or mainstream product, however, something that you might not want to consider for your high FSB super bandwidth system.
Gigabyte has done a reasonably good job putting together an all in one super board that has everything or more then what you are looking for in current and future hardware requirements. While this may be good, the hardware, software and overclocking sides need to be greatly improved. Limited voltage steps on the DRAM and CPU makes it an overclocker's nightmare. In fact in tests we managed to only push our memory 20MHz above standard with the 2.6v maximum on the DIMM. When the memory is clocked back the FSB keeps going until the memory is clocked too high again, defeating the purpose of this kind of overclock.
Overall Gigabyte has done its usual work with nothing special in the way to convince overclockers they should choose their product. In point of fact, their other PT880 and Intel based motherboards are a more powerful choice for your overclocking dollars.
Serial and Parallel ATA RAID
Placement of the 4 pin power connector needs work
Very poor overclocking options for memory and CPU voltages
Better chipsets options available
Rating - 6 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Mass Effect: Andromeda to support 21:9 UltraWide on PC
- New Lego Worlds game release scheduled for February 2017
- Aquaman swims onto screens on October 5, 2018
- Crackdown 3 runs at 4K on Xbox Scorpio, arrives in 2017
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset