The SiS 655TX chipset after the tests we have seen can be classed as a mid range or mainstream product, however, something that you might not want to consider for your high FSB super bandwidth system.
Gigabyte has done a reasonably good job putting together an all in one super board that has everything or more then what you are looking for in current and future hardware requirements. While this may be good, the hardware, software and overclocking sides need to be greatly improved. Limited voltage steps on the DRAM and CPU makes it an overclocker's nightmare. In fact in tests we managed to only push our memory 20MHz above standard with the 2.6v maximum on the DIMM. When the memory is clocked back the FSB keeps going until the memory is clocked too high again, defeating the purpose of this kind of overclock.
Overall Gigabyte has done its usual work with nothing special in the way to convince overclockers they should choose their product. In point of fact, their other PT880 and Intel based motherboards are a more powerful choice for your overclocking dollars.
Serial and Parallel ATA RAID
Placement of the 4 pin power connector needs work
Very poor overclocking options for memory and CPU voltages
Better chipsets options available
Rating - 6 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon X16 modem capable of 1Gbps over LTE
- Hitman is part of AMD's Gaming Evolved program, includes DX12 features
- Infinity Ward is working on the next Call of Duty, due late this year
- Kanye West begins showing off his new video game
- Today is the last day for free Google Drive storage offer
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives