The SiS 655TX chipset after the tests we have seen can be classed as a mid range or mainstream product, however, something that you might not want to consider for your high FSB super bandwidth system.
Gigabyte has done a reasonably good job putting together an all in one super board that has everything or more then what you are looking for in current and future hardware requirements. While this may be good, the hardware, software and overclocking sides need to be greatly improved. Limited voltage steps on the DRAM and CPU makes it an overclocker's nightmare. In fact in tests we managed to only push our memory 20MHz above standard with the 2.6v maximum on the DIMM. When the memory is clocked back the FSB keeps going until the memory is clocked too high again, defeating the purpose of this kind of overclock.
Overall Gigabyte has done its usual work with nothing special in the way to convince overclockers they should choose their product. In point of fact, their other PT880 and Intel based motherboards are a more powerful choice for your overclocking dollars.
Serial and Parallel ATA RAID
Placement of the 4 pin power connector needs work
Very poor overclocking options for memory and CPU voltages
Better chipsets options available
Rating - 6 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve partners with Bitpay, with Bitcoin support now on Steam
- Intel no longer defines itself as a PC company, thinking more broadly
- Weekly Giveaway: Win a ZOTAC SONIX PCIe 480GB SSD (Global Entry!)
- Facebook, Messenger, Instagram apps debut on Windows 10
- Fallout 4 Steam patch adds Survival difficulty, improves performance
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- 1MORE Swarovski Crystal Piston Earphones Review
- 990fx motherboard with AMD 9370
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched