Here we get our first look at the Thecus N7710-G. Aside from the sticker at the top left of the unit, it looks exactly like the N7710 and N7700 Series.
There are seven locking drive bays for 3.5-inch drives, but the drive sleds accept 2.5-inch drives as well. The front door is non locking, but since each drive bay has a lock, this unit has a bit of physical security to go along with the AES 256-bit RAID encryption on the software side.
Behind the mirror finish is a display that you can use to configure RAID, manipulate IP addresses, and check the system status.
Status LEDs for system power, disk activity, warnings, and network activity grace the left side, embedded in an aluminum panel. Two front mounted USB 2.0 ports are just under the LEDs, and a power button graces the front as well.
The –G badge gives this unit away: you have the connectivity of 10 gigabits packed inside....plus a couple of 1GbE ports for other networks or failover.
The aluminum from the front fascia carries over to the side of the NAS.
Most of the connectivity comes from the back of the unit. Two large Sunon low speed fans keep the disks cool. A small fan on the bottom keeps the power supply cool.
The power supply is inside of the system, so you don't have to fiddle with a power brick.
Two 1GbE ports, six USB ports (two USB 3.0), HDMI for A/V features, and a VGA port all come off the internal motherboard.
The 10GbE port is at the top via a PCIe adapter card.
With the side cover off, we can reach inside and slide the 10GbE card out to take a look. This is also the same method you use to add a card to the N7710 base model NAS.
The drive sleds support both 3.5-inch and 2.5-inch drives.
Thecus sells the C10GTR 10GbE NIC on its own for models like the 7710 and others with PCie ports and support for 10GbE NICs.
The adapter uses Marvell 88X3110-BPB2 silicon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4