It's almost ironic that I'm writing this review on Memorial Weekend. The first time I ever saw a 10GbE network was in an Indy car team's headquarters here in Indianapolis. A friend's neighbor worked for the team, and over the next few years, I had nearly unrestricted access to the garage and even worked on their computers from time to time. As with most motorsports these days, from club level to Formula One, data plays a significant role in the sport. The amount of data gathered from every test session is massive, and it needs to be analyzed by servers and workstations. Eventually that data needs to come in contact with human eyes. Using portable hard drives is out of the question with data sets this large. Security is also a consideration given the sensitivity. Millions of dollars are on the line, and teams can't afford to wait for data.
Thanks to Thecus, your business no longer has to wait on data either. Your data might not have cost millions of dollars to collect, but it's certainly worth millions of dollars to you. You want your data to be secure from both intrusion and data loss, two basic tasks found on the Thecus N7710-G. While those tasks are the primary function for NAS products, they are by no means the limits of capability.
The Thecus N7710-G has over 90 official and third party applications that run on the unit. The flexibility is amazing. At times, I question what a modern NAS is. The potential is limitless but based on the needs of the user. Email server, web server, database server, mass storage, DHCP / DNS, network policy maker, multimedia hub... the list just keeps going on and on. What can the Thecus N7710-G does for you? In one word, everything!
Looking at the performance measured today, it's clear that the N7710-G, when paired with a 10GbE switch, delivers exceptional data throughput at very low latency. Even running on a more traditional 1GbE network, the N7710-G is impressive in the same workloads. 10 gigabit Ethernet is coming of age for small businesses, but the cost is still significantly higher than gigabit networks. Companies are working hard to reduce costs, which lowers initial investments. It's my opinion that we are already at a tipping point where 10 gigabit can quickly pay for itself in increased productivity in a short amount of time in installations where several users connect to the same central storage source at the same time. The Thecus N7710-G is a great way to increase your productivity without breaking the bank.
PRICING: You can find the Thecus N7710-G for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Thecus N7710-G retails for $1,133.43 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset