Power consumption is measured at the wall with a blank Word document open and the monitor on as bright as it can go.
In comparison to the other three monitors we've had the pleasure of reviewing, the ASUS PB287Q consumes the most power. However, this isn't exactly a fair comparison as the other three monitors were all 1080p models.
This 4K monitor is larger and has four times the amount of pixels to drive as the other monitors.
We use a LX1010B light meter to measure brightness in Lux. The monitor is placed in the center of the screen on a blank Word document with the monitor at full brightness.
As you can see in the chart above, the PB287Q produced a middle-of-the-road score of 377 Lux. It's not the lowest we've seen, but it is in the bottom half of the pack. It should be noted, however, that 377 Lux is more than plenty for most tasks. Quite frankly, the 541 Lux of the AOC G2460 was absolutely blinding as tuned to its maximum settings.
We use this as a way to measure a monitor's efficiency. It is simply the monitor's brightness divided by its power draw.
As you can see above, the PB287Q produces a paltry 10.2 Lux-per-Watt. Again, this isn't the fairest of comparisons, so we'll hold off our judgment of efficiency until we get more 4K displays in for review.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI has the first graphics card with a USB Type-C port
- The Nokia 3310 finally goes on sale
- MSI confirms GTX 1080 Ti LIGHTNING Z for Computex 2017
- Intel Core i9-7900X benchmarked: 10C/20T @ 4.3GHz
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer keeps improving
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017