The Buffalo DriveStation Mini is quite a surprising storage solution and certainly one of the quickest first generation Thunderbolt storage solutions. The design of the DriveStation complements and goes quite well with any Mac user's desktop, and the build quality is rather solid.
Performance of the DriveStation more than exceeded my expectations, which goes to show the great choice Buffalo made by going with Toshiba SSDs. In testing, we were able to take the DriveStation well above marketing numbers and even exceeded 800 MB/s with our 4K stream RAID 0 read testing. Furthermore, the Buffalo did quite well with RAID 1; in both AJA and Black Magic, we found the drive to still touch 700 MB/s read, while write speeds hovered around 350 MB/s.
Overall, the DriveStation Mini Thunderbolt is a great solution for those that want the performance of Thunderbolt in a solid, compact device.
The Buffalo DriveStation Mini Thunderbolt in the 512GB configuration carries an MSRP of $649.99 with a three-year warranty. Current market pricing for the unit can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the Buffalo DriveStation Mini Thunderbolt (512GB) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Buffalo DriveStation Mini Thunderbolt (512GB) retails for $649.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications