Android System Thoughts
We're going to split out our opinion on the Android all-in-one system from the monitor final thoughts, which will be on the next page. Right now, we're going to discuss the uses, the pros, and the cons of having an Android system built into your monitor.
The Android system is actually quite capable since it's powered by 2GB of DDR3 and an NVIDIA Tegra quad-core processor. For a simple (and unfair) comparison, we ran Futuremark's Peacekeeper browser benchmark on the Android system and on my desktop PC (i7-4770K). The Android system scored 746, which is behind the iPhone 5 and iPad (fourth gen), both which scored in the 900s. My desktop scored 4393.
Some of the uses for this system include surfing the web, watching Netflix or Hulu, and playing Android apps. The benefits that extend from these use cases include power savings and speed of system boot. Surfing the web on the Android system works well, and Netflix videos play just fine.
Overall, the system mates quite nicely to the monitor. I do wish there was a quicker way to switch between monitor mode and the Android system, but there doesn't seem to be. Currently, you have to push the input selection button several times until you either reach the desired input or Android system, and then you have to push a separate button to select.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Unboxing, Assembly, and Port Layout]
- Page 3 [Test Results]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla's Model 3 priced as low as $25,000 after tax subsidies in the US
- Fuel cell maker teases 7-day battery life on smartphones inevitable
- Uber drops its 5% fee in London, to get taxi drivers using Uber
- Micron updates GDDR5X progression, volume production this summer
- Oculus Rift-ready gaming PC pre-orders will open on February 16
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance