Android System Thoughts
We're going to split out our opinion on the Android all-in-one system from the monitor final thoughts, which will be on the next page. Right now, we're going to discuss the uses, the pros, and the cons of having an Android system built into your monitor.
The Android system is actually quite capable since it's powered by 2GB of DDR3 and an NVIDIA Tegra quad-core processor. For a simple (and unfair) comparison, we ran Futuremark's Peacekeeper browser benchmark on the Android system and on my desktop PC (i7-4770K). The Android system scored 746, which is behind the iPhone 5 and iPad (fourth gen), both which scored in the 900s. My desktop scored 4393.
Some of the uses for this system include surfing the web, watching Netflix or Hulu, and playing Android apps. The benefits that extend from these use cases include power savings and speed of system boot. Surfing the web on the Android system works well, and Netflix videos play just fine.
Overall, the system mates quite nicely to the monitor. I do wish there was a quicker way to switch between monitor mode and the Android system, but there doesn't seem to be. Currently, you have to push the input selection button several times until you either reach the desired input or Android system, and then you have to push a separate button to select.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Unboxing, Assembly, and Port Layout]
- Page 3 [Test Results]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- More 'Star Trek' movies not guaranteed, warns star
- Night Trap returns, with the FMV game hitting consoles
- Vivendi could push for an Ubisoft takeover this year
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds charity event: May 4
- Jeff Goldblum joins 'Jurassic World 2' cast
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family