Android System Thoughts
We're going to split out our opinion on the Android all-in-one system from the monitor final thoughts, which will be on the next page. Right now, we're going to discuss the uses, the pros, and the cons of having an Android system built into your monitor.
The Android system is actually quite capable since it's powered by 2GB of DDR3 and an NVIDIA Tegra quad-core processor. For a simple (and unfair) comparison, we ran Futuremark's Peacekeeper browser benchmark on the Android system and on my desktop PC (i7-4770K). The Android system scored 746, which is behind the iPhone 5 and iPad (fourth gen), both which scored in the 900s. My desktop scored 4393.
Some of the uses for this system include surfing the web, watching Netflix or Hulu, and playing Android apps. The benefits that extend from these use cases include power savings and speed of system boot. Surfing the web on the Android system works well, and Netflix videos play just fine.
Overall, the system mates quite nicely to the monitor. I do wish there was a quicker way to switch between monitor mode and the Android system, but there doesn't seem to be. Currently, you have to push the input selection button several times until you either reach the desired input or Android system, and then you have to push a separate button to select.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Unboxing, Assembly, and Port Layout]
- Page 3 [Test Results]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ESA extends ISS participation to 2024
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand