Desktop Test System
Today, we're using our custom ASUS test system with the Bplus adapter for this review. In a few days, we'll test the drive in the new ASRock Extreme6 motherboard with a native Ultra M.2 connector.
ATTO - Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
PCIe can be tricky. Today, we're using Intel's Z87 chipset, but you'll get better performance from Intel's high-end platform, which uses the X79 chipset or the upcoming X99 chipset. We've found a lot of performance variation between Z87 motherboards and even among the PCIe slots on the same motherboard.
We bring this up mainly because of the ATTO results below. In our Z87 test system, the read performance dropped off in the middle transfer sizes, but this didn't happen on our X79 system. We still managed to achieve 1069 MB/s sequential read and 1027 MB/s sequential write speeds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Samsung XP941 512GB M.2 SSD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage (Drives with Data Testing)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Nuts and Bolts]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017