Desktop Test System
Today, we're using our custom ASUS test system with the Bplus adapter for this review. In a few days, we'll test the drive in the new ASRock Extreme6 motherboard with a native Ultra M.2 connector.
ATTO - Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
PCIe can be tricky. Today, we're using Intel's Z87 chipset, but you'll get better performance from Intel's high-end platform, which uses the X79 chipset or the upcoming X99 chipset. We've found a lot of performance variation between Z87 motherboards and even among the PCIe slots on the same motherboard.
We bring this up mainly because of the ATTO results below. In our Z87 test system, the read performance dropped off in the middle transfer sizes, but this didn't happen on our X79 system. We still managed to achieve 1069 MB/s sequential read and 1027 MB/s sequential write speeds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Samsung XP941 512GB M.2 SSD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage (Drives with Data Testing)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Nuts and Bolts]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS hints dual camera in 1st official ZenFone 4 teaser
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4