Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Lining up at around the $400 mark, the MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC lines up with some of the most expensive Z97 motherboards on the market, and it is more expensive than any other ones we've tested yet. A high price tag is never an issue, though, if it can be justified.
Looking through what we have here today, we really feel that MSI is more than capable of justifying the high price that is associated with it. When it comes to performance, it comes as no surprise that, out of the box, it really lines up with all our other boards. This is fairly standard these days, and outside of a major issue, you should see motherboards using the same CPU and Chipset perform quite similarly to each other.
In regards to overclocking, we saw the board really shine with the highest overclock out of our Z97 boards so far and quite possibly one of the highest stable overclocks we've seen on this particular CPU. Not only was overclocking extremely easy and extremely effective, the cooling numbers on the board at both stock and overclocked came out looking sensational. Against the competition, the board really stood out for all the right reasons.
Moving away from the performance and into the features, we've again got just about everything you'd hope for and more. We've got a strong bundle that helps offer us Wireless AC technology along with Bluetooth. We've got a ton of features on board, including new ones like the M.2 connector and MSI exclusive options that revolve around overclocking.
Like so many of these products that are aimed at overclockers, though, you don't have to be this master overclocker with insane cooling setups. You can find yourself with just a good quality all-in-one water cooling solution along with a desire to learn. With this in hand, you'll be messing around in the BIOS and getting free performance in no time.
While the MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC comes in on the expensive side of things, the performance, bundle, and overall build quality really do speak for themselves. If you're looking at going down the path of the Z97 platform, we would have no issue recommending this motherboard, especially if your budget was stretching further than the previous boards we've looked at from ASUS and ASRock.
PRICING: You can find the MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC retails for $259.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA rumored to unveil Volta-based GeForce tomorrow
- X299 AORUS Gaming 9 teased, ready for 12C/24T CPUs
- Nintendo to produce 18 million Switch consoles this year
- GIVEAWAY: Patriot Viper V570 Mouse and V370 RGB Headset
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017