Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Lining up at around the $400 mark, the MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC lines up with some of the most expensive Z97 motherboards on the market, and it is more expensive than any other ones we've tested yet. A high price tag is never an issue, though, if it can be justified.
Looking through what we have here today, we really feel that MSI is more than capable of justifying the high price that is associated with it. When it comes to performance, it comes as no surprise that, out of the box, it really lines up with all our other boards. This is fairly standard these days, and outside of a major issue, you should see motherboards using the same CPU and Chipset perform quite similarly to each other.
In regards to overclocking, we saw the board really shine with the highest overclock out of our Z97 boards so far and quite possibly one of the highest stable overclocks we've seen on this particular CPU. Not only was overclocking extremely easy and extremely effective, the cooling numbers on the board at both stock and overclocked came out looking sensational. Against the competition, the board really stood out for all the right reasons.
Moving away from the performance and into the features, we've again got just about everything you'd hope for and more. We've got a strong bundle that helps offer us Wireless AC technology along with Bluetooth. We've got a ton of features on board, including new ones like the M.2 connector and MSI exclusive options that revolve around overclocking.
Like so many of these products that are aimed at overclockers, though, you don't have to be this master overclocker with insane cooling setups. You can find yourself with just a good quality all-in-one water cooling solution along with a desire to learn. With this in hand, you'll be messing around in the BIOS and getting free performance in no time.
While the MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC comes in on the expensive side of things, the performance, bundle, and overall build quality really do speak for themselves. If you're looking at going down the path of the Z97 platform, we would have no issue recommending this motherboard, especially if your budget was stretching further than the previous boards we've looked at from ASUS and ASRock.
PRICING: You can find the MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC retails for $259.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve wants to make Source 2 engine free for all devs
- Microsoft buys leading API studio Simplygon
- Path of Exile is coming to Xbox One
- Halo 6 won't be Project Scorpio launch game after all
- Tekken 7 release date will be announced next week
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup