Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Lining up at around the $400 mark, the MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC lines up with some of the most expensive Z97 motherboards on the market, and it is more expensive than any other ones we've tested yet. A high price tag is never an issue, though, if it can be justified.
Looking through what we have here today, we really feel that MSI is more than capable of justifying the high price that is associated with it. When it comes to performance, it comes as no surprise that, out of the box, it really lines up with all our other boards. This is fairly standard these days, and outside of a major issue, you should see motherboards using the same CPU and Chipset perform quite similarly to each other.
In regards to overclocking, we saw the board really shine with the highest overclock out of our Z97 boards so far and quite possibly one of the highest stable overclocks we've seen on this particular CPU. Not only was overclocking extremely easy and extremely effective, the cooling numbers on the board at both stock and overclocked came out looking sensational. Against the competition, the board really stood out for all the right reasons.
Moving away from the performance and into the features, we've again got just about everything you'd hope for and more. We've got a strong bundle that helps offer us Wireless AC technology along with Bluetooth. We've got a ton of features on board, including new ones like the M.2 connector and MSI exclusive options that revolve around overclocking.
Like so many of these products that are aimed at overclockers, though, you don't have to be this master overclocker with insane cooling setups. You can find yourself with just a good quality all-in-one water cooling solution along with a desire to learn. With this in hand, you'll be messing around in the BIOS and getting free performance in no time.
While the MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC comes in on the expensive side of things, the performance, bundle, and overall build quality really do speak for themselves. If you're looking at going down the path of the Z97 platform, we would have no issue recommending this motherboard, especially if your budget was stretching further than the previous boards we've looked at from ASUS and ASRock.
PRICING: You can find the MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC retails for $259.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4