Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.1
PowerMark is a benchmark produced by Futuremark that simulates different usage scenarios in order to determine battery life. It loops these different scenarios infinitely, until the battery hits 15%, and then gives us an estimated battery life time. For our testing, we use all four different scenarios. These are video playback, gaming, web browsing, and word processing.
The test is run once with the computer's Power Options set to Balanced.
As you can see, the higher resolution did incur a battery life penalty, despite the system using a slower, and therefore lower power, processor. The penalty was low--7 minutes--but it is something to note. Thanks to Haswell, the S7 falls just short of the 4 hour mark with 3 hours and 54 minutes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Configurations and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Temperatures, Cooling and Noise]
- Page 3 [User Interfaces]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [Accessory Port Layout and Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Gaming Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - System Performance]
- Page 8 [Battery Life Performance]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Google brings Star Trek to life with 'Combadge' communicator prototype
- How to use Fallout 4's bottlecap glitch without depleting ammo
- Chrome extension shields you from Star Wars spoilers
- AMD ends driver development for non-GCN Radeon cards
- Google Contributor reduces website ads for monthly fee
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- ESL and Intel bring the IEM World Championship back to Katowice on March 4-6, 2016
- Star Wars(TM): Galaxy of Heroes Now Available for Mobile from EA
- AMD Announces Radeon Crimson Software
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB