Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.1
PowerMark is a benchmark produced by Futuremark that simulates different usage scenarios in order to determine battery life. It loops these different scenarios infinitely, until the battery hits 15%, and then gives us an estimated battery life time. For our testing, we use all four different scenarios. These are video playback, gaming, web browsing, and word processing.
The test is run once with the computer's Power Options set to Balanced.
As you can see, the higher resolution did incur a battery life penalty, despite the system using a slower, and therefore lower power, processor. The penalty was low--7 minutes--but it is something to note. Thanks to Haswell, the S7 falls just short of the 4 hour mark with 3 hours and 54 minutes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Configurations and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Temperatures, Cooling and Noise]
- Page 3 [User Interfaces]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [Accessory Port Layout and Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Gaming Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - System Performance]
- Page 8 [Battery Life Performance]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome is Windows 10 users' browser of choice
- MIT students build Jetson TK1 racecars for final assignment
- HBO Now comes to Roku
- Facebook expanding Like button feature with 'Reactions'
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- REALLY NEED Help Intel Management Engine
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent