Introduction of the ASRock Z97 Extreme4
It really feels like we've gone from 0 to 100 mph over the last few weeks as we draw nearer to Computex. The release of the new Z97 platform from Intel has bought with it a bunch of new motherboards, while on the video card side of things, we're seeing some companies start to offer a refresh of popular models so that there's something new and fresh to show at Computex.
Along with that, the addition of a 4K monitor in our video card lab means there's a ton of articles that we want to do showing just what the latest crop of cards do at this massive resolution. Combing all that, we've just got an absolute ton of articles that are coming over the coming weeks and months.
Today, though, is all about the Z97 chipset and, more specifically, the Z97 Extreme4 from our friends over at ASRock. The Extreme4 name isn't new to us, and we've seen it on a couple of boards before. It tends to sit in the middle of the Extreme series and brings with it a decent feature set at a competitive price point. We're sure that this continues to hold true today, but as always, there's only one way to find out!
While we would normally make our way from here into the package of the board, ASRock sent us this board quite early and it came with no retail package. Instead, it simply came in a motherboard box with a driver CD. Because of that, we'll simply be moving from here onto the board itself to see just what we're dealing with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Galaxy Note7 might be coming back with a new battery
- Nier: Automata on PC likely delayed due to piracy fears
- Nintendo Switch runs cool, about 37C under load
- Samsung's next VR headset could come with a controller
- Xiaomi to release their own processor - Pinecone
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league