Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article.
At minimum, slightly edging out the Liqtech 120S at stock levels is expected, since this version is cooled by two fans.
This is where we were perplexed to say the least. Verifying pump speed and fan RPM, we found that we were at maximum specification for both, yet our results find that the dual fan Enermax AOI gets beat by a degree and a half by the 120S. While not that bad of a result in the large picture, something just isn't right about this design, or maybe it is our specific model.
Noise Level Results
The pump at full speed is less than the 34 dB we got from our fans at 1800 RPM, with only 7.5V sent to it for power. At this level, things are very tolerable, and there is not really much of any annoyance to have to deal with here.
Part of the thermal issue could have been the fans too. As we now have 12V running to the fans, and they top out at 2500 RPM, we have slightly less noise from these 110 CFM fans than the TB Apollish Advance fan on the 120S. Either way, in the larger scope of things, it is still pretty noisy.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Enermax Liqtech 120X AIO Liquid CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99