A few that have paid attention may be wondering where the software section is and therein lies a huge issue. With no included disk, you are at the mercy of their servers and site links to provide you with the correct product you are hunting for, and at Rapoo, that does not seem to happen. When we installed the driver package that is noted to be for the T120P, we ended up opening software for the E9180P, which isn't even a mouse, it is a mini keyboard with a touch pad on it. We even checked around in the software, as if maybe they just use generic software, but with what we had there is nothing for the T120P.
While we were not able to fully customize this mouse to Windows 8 as the packaging and instructions implied we could, we did find the mouse to track very well and being so small, also being very rounded helps us keep a hold of this little critter. While we were never more than five feet from the laptop and PC we tested it on, we did not ever see any signaling issues, or the need for line of sight between the mouse and receiver for it to work properly. We were also happy to see 1000 DPI set to the T120P, as most mice like this are incredibly slow getting across the screen.
We can't over look the fact that we seem to have gotten shorted with a pair of batteries. It isn't a huge expense to source a pair, and usually they are floating around your house anyways, but the packaging and the paperwork implied that they should be there. Not having batteries is not a deal killer in our mind, but because it was right there in black and red on the box, it needed to be discussed.
Since is our first look at anything with the Rapoo name on it, we are trying to be lenient as they haven't been in the peripherals game as long as many others offering wireless mice. Even when you can get this T120P for less than $20 (and that is a smoking hot deal), it just doesn't seem like they are that good at quality control with what gets boxed, and they appear to lack skills to get users the correct download for their device.
However, it may be that they just need to mature a bit, and are working through some form of issues at the moment, and we were just trying to get things done at the wrong time. Either way, with the issues we did spot, we think we would likely pass on the T120P, at least until we hear news of some sort of fix for getting the customizing drivers, so we could gain full use of what we were told we were getting.
PRICING: You can find the RAPOO T120P WIRELESS TOUCH MOUSE for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The RAPOO T120P WIRELESS TOUCH MOUSE (BLACK) retails for $38.98 at Amazon, the RAPOO T120P WIRELESS TOUCH MOUSE (RED) retails for $38.99 at Amazon, the RAPOO T120P WIRELESS TOUCH MOUSE (White) retails for $38.99 at Amazon, the RAPOO T120P WIRELESS TOUCH MOUSE (Yellow) retails for $38.99 at Amazon, and the RAPOO T120P WIRELESS TOUCH MOUSE (Green) retails for $38.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Rapoo T120P Wireless Touch Mouse]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni