128k Sequential Read/Write
128k sequential speed reflects the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD. The Boost Pro weighs in with 510 MB/s at 256OIO. The M500DC averages 417 MB/s; the Intel DC S3500 delivers an average of 441 MB/s, and the Samsung SM843 averages a commanding 528 MB/s.
The SM843 provides the lowest overall latency, but the Boost Pro isn't far behind.
The Boost Pro experiences some variability at lower OIO, but it averages 438 MB/s. The M500DC averages 388 MB/s; the DC S3500 averages 424 MB/s, and the SM843 delivers another win with 501 MB/s.
The mixed sequential testing reveals a distinct advantage of the Boost Pro; it delivers amazing mixed workload performance. The M500DC also pulls off great performance in this test.
The Boost Pro averages 2.4 watts. The M500DC averages 5.24 watts; the DC S3500 averages 4.83 watts, and the SM843 requires 3.65 watts for the sequential write workload.
The Boost Pro easily wins the sequential efficiency test with a chart-topping 176 MB/s-per-Watt. The M500DC averages 73 MB/s-per-Watt; the DC S3500 averages 87 MB/s-per-Watt, and the SM843 delivers 136 MB/s-per-Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Boost Pro Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is basically a Note7 but cheaper
- Nintendo Switch gameplay graphics are subject to change
- Final Fantasy 15 could get co-op mode in the future
- Nintendo Switch comes to life - as a stuffed dog
- Xbox Live Gold subscribers get 4 new games next month
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage