128k Sequential Read/Write
128k sequential speed reflects the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD. The Boost Pro weighs in with 510 MB/s at 256OIO. The M500DC averages 417 MB/s; the Intel DC S3500 delivers an average of 441 MB/s, and the Samsung SM843 averages a commanding 528 MB/s.
The SM843 provides the lowest overall latency, but the Boost Pro isn't far behind.
The Boost Pro experiences some variability at lower OIO, but it averages 438 MB/s. The M500DC averages 388 MB/s; the DC S3500 averages 424 MB/s, and the SM843 delivers another win with 501 MB/s.
The mixed sequential testing reveals a distinct advantage of the Boost Pro; it delivers amazing mixed workload performance. The M500DC also pulls off great performance in this test.
The Boost Pro averages 2.4 watts. The M500DC averages 5.24 watts; the DC S3500 averages 4.83 watts, and the SM843 requires 3.65 watts for the sequential write workload.
The Boost Pro easily wins the sequential efficiency test with a chart-topping 176 MB/s-per-Watt. The M500DC averages 73 MB/s-per-Watt; the DC S3500 averages 87 MB/s-per-Watt, and the SM843 delivers 136 MB/s-per-Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Boost Pro Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni