8k Random Read/Write
Server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance, and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server workloads also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8k random read speed of the Boost Pro is 26,011 IOPS. The Micron M500DC is 48,034 IOPS at 256 OIO; the Intel DC S3500 measures 44,444 IOPS, and the Samsung SM843 is 48,277 IOPS. The Boost Pro once again trails in the random read testing.
All the SSDs exhibit a tight latency range during the 8k random read test.
The Boost Pro takes the lead with an average of 26,011 IOPS. The M500DC averages 23,852 IOPS; the DC S3500 averages 6,937 IOPS, and the SM843 averages 6,254 IOPS at 256 OIO.
The Boost Pro and M500DC deliver consistent performance during the test period.
The Boost Pro takes a commanding lead in mixed 8k workloads, illustrating its once class-leading affinity for datacenter workloads. The consistent performance is also impressive as it leads the chart.
Power consumption for the Boost Pro averages 3.48 watts. The M500DC averages 4.77 watts; the DC S3500 averages 3.75 watts, and the SM843 requires 2.71 watts.
The Boost Pro masters the efficiency test with an average of 7,175 IOPS-per-Watt. The M500DC averages 4,877 IOPS-per-Watt; the DC S3500 averages 1,584 IOPS-per-Watt, and the SM843 measures 2,234 IOPS-per-Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Boost Pro Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- Nintendo Switch will have 'steady pacing of content'
- Faraday Future stops factory construction to afford CES
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99