Installation and Finished Product
Depending on the socket of the Intel motherboard, adjustments to the end studs may need to be made to line up with the motherboard holes. For ours, only one was not set in the LGA115X setting, and was easily moved so we could install the back plate while being mindful of the socket screws.
Once the back plate is on and the studs are poking through the motherboard, it is time to install the thick standoffs onto the motherboard. We would have liked to see some form of a washer included, but these did not do any damage to our system in the installation and removal process.
Next, we grabbed the Intel top brackets and found that the fourth slot down is completely unimpeded, and allows the brackets to slide into it. Once both sides of the bracket are slid in, they will click loudly as they lock into each other.
For our purposes, strapping the radiator to the frame is fine for our needs, but the head unit: wow. When attempting to set the screws from the head unit brackets, be ready for some struggle. This AIO uses some of the highest socket pressure, and even just starting the four screws can be an ordeal in itself.
Our last view of the Liqtech 120S is with it under power. Here we see that the company name and logo on the head unit illuminate with blue LED backlighting. We also see that the TB Apollish fan and multiple LEDs give off a nice effect while matching the LED color to the head unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Enermax Liqtech 120S AIO Liquid CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hands-on Meizu Pro 7 photo shows secondary display
- BioWare dev confirms new Dragon Age game in development
- Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon 450
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro 2 specs leak: Dual camera, 3GB of RAM
- New leak confirms Samsung's Galaxy Note 8 design
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller