Installation and Finished Product
Depending on the socket of the Intel motherboard, adjustments to the end studs may need to be made to line up with the motherboard holes. For ours, only one was not set in the LGA115X setting, and was easily moved so we could install the back plate while being mindful of the socket screws.
Once the back plate is on and the studs are poking through the motherboard, it is time to install the thick standoffs onto the motherboard. We would have liked to see some form of a washer included, but these did not do any damage to our system in the installation and removal process.
Next, we grabbed the Intel top brackets and found that the fourth slot down is completely unimpeded, and allows the brackets to slide into it. Once both sides of the bracket are slid in, they will click loudly as they lock into each other.
For our purposes, strapping the radiator to the frame is fine for our needs, but the head unit: wow. When attempting to set the screws from the head unit brackets, be ready for some struggle. This AIO uses some of the highest socket pressure, and even just starting the four screws can be an ordeal in itself.
Our last view of the Liqtech 120S is with it under power. Here we see that the company name and logo on the head unit illuminate with blue LED backlighting. We also see that the TB Apollish fan and multiple LEDs give off a nice effect while matching the LED color to the head unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Enermax Liqtech 120S AIO Liquid CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- PS4 Pro dev kit auctioned with 800GB of encrypted data
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand