Installation and Finished Product
Depending on the socket of the Intel motherboard, adjustments to the end studs may need to be made to line up with the motherboard holes. For ours, only one was not set in the LGA115X setting, and was easily moved so we could install the back plate while being mindful of the socket screws.
Once the back plate is on and the studs are poking through the motherboard, it is time to install the thick standoffs onto the motherboard. We would have liked to see some form of a washer included, but these did not do any damage to our system in the installation and removal process.
Next, we grabbed the Intel top brackets and found that the fourth slot down is completely unimpeded, and allows the brackets to slide into it. Once both sides of the bracket are slid in, they will click loudly as they lock into each other.
For our purposes, strapping the radiator to the frame is fine for our needs, but the head unit: wow. When attempting to set the screws from the head unit brackets, be ready for some struggle. This AIO uses some of the highest socket pressure, and even just starting the four screws can be an ordeal in itself.
Our last view of the Liqtech 120S is with it under power. Here we see that the company name and logo on the head unit illuminate with blue LED backlighting. We also see that the TB Apollish fan and multiple LEDs give off a nice effect while matching the LED color to the head unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Enermax Liqtech 120S AIO Liquid CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- I want one: AMD Ryzen CPU review kit looks AMAZING
- NVIDIA to reveal GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on February 28
- AMD Radeon Vega details coming on February 28
- NASA finds 7 Earth-sized planets that could sustain life
- Huawei officially announces Honor V9
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood