ADATA SP920 512GB SSD
ADATA carried over the retail package from previous SSDs but updated the text to reflect the new SP920's specifications.
Inside, we found a desktop adapter bracket, 7mm to 9.5mm adapter, mounting screws, a quick start manual, and a reminder to download the free software for data migration.
Here we get our first look at the drive. The top cover is just a thin sliver of metal for keeping the drive secure.
The bottom of the case is beefier and doubles as a heat sink for the Marvell controller and DRAM buffer.
ADATA used the new Marvell 88SS9189-BLD2 controller that's 8 channels to the NAND flash.
This controller has a higher clock speed than the 88SS9187 that Crucial used on the M500. It also incorporates a thermal protection mode, mainly for Ultrabook designs where the components are packed very close together. To aid in dissipating heat, the case acts as a heat sink.
There are sixteen NAND packages in total with eight on each side.
The SP920 also has host power fail protection, so if the drive detects a power fail event, it will flush the data in the controller to the flash even after the power falls away.
The Micron DRAM buffer chip. This model only uses one DRAM package, but the 1TB model uses two.
The NAND flash is Micron 20nm L85A.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives