Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article.
As we look at the 53.5 degree result of the ETS-N30-HE when we tested the CPU at stock, it may seem a bit low. The reality is that it is over twenty-five degrees better than the stock cooler, and is within five degrees of the best air cooler on the chart.
This is where this cooler really shines, and it proves you don't need to spend $100 for a cooler to do all of the basic things most people use a PC for anyways.
Of course, as the overclock is applied, the Enermax cooler does get very close to the eighty degree mark, with the temperature topping out at 78.33 degrees. While this is at the bottom of the list, again, when compared to the stock cooler that allows the CPU to throttle at this point, we were able to complete all rounds of testing, even if a bit warm.
Noise Level Results
This is also where the Enermax ETS-N30-HE shines. With 7.5V supplied to the fans, we could barely hear the fan at a foot away from the PC. So, for those of you looking to rid the PC of near double the dB level: this cooler is more than capable of handling the thermal end, as well as doing it quietly, making it eligible for HTPC systems as well.
As we allow the 92mm fan to spread its legs and run at full speed, the noise level definitely comes up. There are very few ways to get the sort of air flow ratings and static pressure ratings in a 92mm fan without the sound of rushing air. Considering at every 10dB sound actually doubles, it is still much better than a dozen or so other solutions we have tested.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Enermax ETS-N30-HE CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni