8k Random Read/Write
Server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance, and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server emulations also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8k random read speed of the Micron M500DC is 48,034 IOPS at 256 OIO; the Intel DC S3500 measures 44,444 IOPS, and the Samsung SM843 ekes out the win with 48,277 IOPS. The SM843 again provides impressive read speed, but it does not outpace the M500DC by nearly as large of a margin as observed with 4k random read activity.
All three SSDs exhibit a tight latency range during the 8k random read test.
The M500DC easily leads with an average of 23,852 IOPS. The DC S3500 averages 6,937 IOPS, and the SM843 averages 6,254 IOPS at 256 OIO.
The M500DC delivers tight, consistent performance during the test period. The DC S3500 also has a tightly defined latency envelope, but it is much higher than the M500DC.
The M500DC owns the 8k mixed workload testing with a large lead during the majority of the test. While the DC S3500 has a tighter performance profile, it is well below the M500DC.
Power consumption for the M500DC averages 4.77 watts. The DC S3500 averages 3.75 watts during the measurement window, and the SM843 requires 2.71 watts.
The M500DC leads the efficiency test convincingly with 4,877 IOPS-per-Watt. The DC S3500 averages 1,584 IOPS-per-Watt, and the SM843 measures 2,234 IOPS-per-Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Micron M500DC Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid graphics card
- ARM announces new CPUs and GPU at Computex 2017
- ASUS leaks its own Strix X299-E motherboard
- You've less than 7 days to enter our 'Rings' giveaway!
- NVIDIA rumored to unveil Volta-based GeForce tomorrow
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017