So what exactly is a Heat Column?
To put it simply, a Heat Column is a smooth copper base attached to a tube, which is also made of copper. It almost looks like the casing of a rifle round in shape. If you'll look at the picture above, you'll be able to see the Heat Column which goes from the base to the top of the cooler. It is the copper column that goes up the center of the cooler.
Now, the tube is not solid, but hollow. It is filled with a "non-organic substance" that aids in the transfer of heat upward and away from the base of the column. Once the heat is traveling away from the base of the column, it is dissipated outward even more by means of the copper fins.
The effectiveness of the Heat Column is what allows the cooler to be viable with a small, quiet fan. Of course, you can make it even more powerful by using larger and more fans on the system, but it is nice to know there is a quiet option that will still work if you want it to.
I don't always make notes regarding the contact patch of the processor to the heatsink, but considering that the Heat Column is the only part of the base utilized in cooling, it is an important concept with this cooler.
It only takes a quick glance to see the dead-center contact patch after removing the cooler from the test system. Many coolers will be offset after removal, but not this model. It also shows that you can expect maximum efficiency from the Heat Column technology used in this heatsink.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA confirms the GeForce GTX 1080 cooler, kinda
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 leaked benchmarks tease 8GB RAM at 10GHz
- Live TV coming to YouTube coming next year, sources say
- Battlefield 5's first in-engine footage revealed
- DayZ 0.60 beta features DX11 renderer, massively improved framerates
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Slim Drive 2TB USB C Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini