So what exactly is a Heat Column?
To put it simply, a Heat Column is a smooth copper base attached to a tube, which is also made of copper. It almost looks like the casing of a rifle round in shape. If you'll look at the picture above, you'll be able to see the Heat Column which goes from the base to the top of the cooler. It is the copper column that goes up the center of the cooler.
Now, the tube is not solid, but hollow. It is filled with a "non-organic substance" that aids in the transfer of heat upward and away from the base of the column. Once the heat is traveling away from the base of the column, it is dissipated outward even more by means of the copper fins.
The effectiveness of the Heat Column is what allows the cooler to be viable with a small, quiet fan. Of course, you can make it even more powerful by using larger and more fans on the system, but it is nice to know there is a quiet option that will still work if you want it to.
I don't always make notes regarding the contact patch of the processor to the heatsink, but considering that the Heat Column is the only part of the base utilized in cooling, it is an important concept with this cooler.
It only takes a quick glance to see the dead-center contact patch after removing the cooler from the test system. Many coolers will be offset after removal, but not this model. It also shows that you can expect maximum efficiency from the Heat Column technology used in this heatsink.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take-Two kills GTA V's Red Dead Redemption mod
- Cassini's image shows tiny Earth between Saturn's rings
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops