Test System Setup
The test setup is typical for a server setup. The CPUs used in these tests are two Intel Xeon E5-2697 V2 CPUs.
This is the CPUz screen showing the various stats of the Xeon E5-2697 V2 CPUs. As you can see, this CPU has a max TDP of 130 watts. We will be using two CPUs, so that means a total of 24 cores and 48 threads.
The memory installed is 64GB of Kingston KVR16R11S4/8HA, CL11 1600MHz ValueRAM Server Premier Line. The memory modules are manufactured using a locked bill of materials (BOM), which is important to customers who use or build white box systems and require the brand and revision of the DRAM to always be the same.
Kingston can fully control the BOM (down to the chip die revision), and this is critical in server systems requiring maximum stability and uptime
For all tests that we ran, we used optimized BIOS settings for performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications & Layout Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS & Software Details]
- Page 4 [Remote Management]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - System and CPU Tests]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Memory & UnixBench]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SPEC CPU2006]
- Page 9 [Power Consumption & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard announces a new voice chat app for desktops
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 375.57 drivers are ready for BF1
- Sony added 1GB of DRAM to the PS4 Pro, joins 8GB GDDR5
- Oceanhorn hit record sales, teases Switch development
- New Plants Vs Zombies: Heroes launches on iOS & Android
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system