Test System Setup
The test setup is typical for a server setup. The CPUs used in these tests are two Intel Xeon E5-2697 V2 CPUs.
This is the CPUz screen showing the various stats of the Xeon E5-2697 V2 CPUs. As you can see, this CPU has a max TDP of 130 watts. We will be using two CPUs, so that means a total of 24 cores and 48 threads.
The memory installed is 64GB of Kingston KVR16R11S4/8HA, CL11 1600MHz ValueRAM Server Premier Line. The memory modules are manufactured using a locked bill of materials (BOM), which is important to customers who use or build white box systems and require the brand and revision of the DRAM to always be the same.
Kingston can fully control the BOM (down to the chip die revision), and this is critical in server systems requiring maximum stability and uptime
For all tests that we ran, we used optimized BIOS settings for performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications & Layout Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS & Software Details]
- Page 4 [Remote Management]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - System and CPU Tests]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Memory & UnixBench]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SPEC CPU2006]
- Page 9 [Power Consumption & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications