Test System Setup
The test setup is typical for a server setup. The CPUs used in these tests are two Intel Xeon E5-2697 V2 CPUs.
This is the CPUz screen showing the various stats of the Xeon E5-2697 V2 CPUs. As you can see, this CPU has a max TDP of 130 watts. We will be using two CPUs, so that means a total of 24 cores and 48 threads.
The memory installed is 64GB of Kingston KVR16R11S4/8HA, CL11 1600MHz ValueRAM Server Premier Line. The memory modules are manufactured using a locked bill of materials (BOM), which is important to customers who use or build white box systems and require the brand and revision of the DRAM to always be the same.
Kingston can fully control the BOM (down to the chip die revision), and this is critical in server systems requiring maximum stability and uptime
For all tests that we ran, we used optimized BIOS settings for performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications & Layout Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS & Software Details]
- Page 4 [Remote Management]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - System and CPU Tests]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Memory & UnixBench]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SPEC CPU2006]
- Page 9 [Power Consumption & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- Mulching is every time a good idea of tomato patio water storage ; bu
- as typically
- Bray assumed the lyrics we've been looking to check on ever since Jul
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- Mazda have eschewed amalgam but also cigarette lighter in powertrains
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines