Test System Setup
The test setup is typical for a server setup. The CPUs used in these tests are two Intel Xeon E5-2697 V2 CPUs.
This is the CPUz screen showing the various stats of the Xeon E5-2697 V2 CPUs. As you can see, this CPU has a max TDP of 130 watts. We will be using two CPUs, so that means a total of 24 cores and 48 threads.
The memory installed is 64GB of Kingston KVR16R11S4/8HA, CL11 1600MHz ValueRAM Server Premier Line. The memory modules are manufactured using a locked bill of materials (BOM), which is important to customers who use or build white box systems and require the brand and revision of the DRAM to always be the same.
Kingston can fully control the BOM (down to the chip die revision), and this is critical in server systems requiring maximum stability and uptime
For all tests that we ran, we used optimized BIOS settings for performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications & Layout Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS & Software Details]
- Page 4 [Remote Management]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - System and CPU Tests]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Memory & UnixBench]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SPEC CPU2006]
- Page 9 [Power Consumption & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Humai wants to transfer your consciousness to an artificial body
- New chip could charge your phone in 10 minutes, Samsung interested
- 2nd-gen MSI ECO series motherboards debut
- Raspberry Pi Zero is a $5 programmable computer
- ASUS celebrates 20 years of making GPUs with GTX 980 Ti Golden Edition
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader
- MSI Announces ECO Series Socket LGA1151 Motherboards
- Mionix Announces New-generation SARGAS Mousepad Family