The main supporting features of this motherboard are its two mini-SAS connectors and one mini SATA connector, which give storage and RAID options right out of the box. The two 10GBase-T LAN connections also supply basic network connectivity and provide the option to install faster network cards into the PCIe busses.
The general layout of the S7056WGM3NR-2T is typical for motherboards of this type. CPUs and RAM are located at the front of the board to allow better access to case fans for cooling. The main storage connectors are located at the back of the motherboard, which can give access to storage locations at the front and back of the server without too many issues.
Another difference of this motherboard is the CPU fan header locations. The fan header for CPU #1 is just above and to the right of the socket, while the fan header for CPU #0 is at the far left side at the front of the motherboard.
The CPU socket area is nice and clean, which will help with airflow and cooling. Please take note that this motherboard uses socket 2011 narrow ILM type coolers.
We are looking at the rear right side of the motherboard now, and you can see I/O connections at the top. Over on the right edge is the PCH SKU Upgrade ROM Module Header, front fan header, and power connection. There is also a USB Type-A connection with a COM2 Port header next to it.
Located at the left rear of the motherboard, we find the I/O connections.
Here we see the main storage connections on the S7056WGM3NR-2T. The top two connectors are the mini-SAS, and the mini SATA connections are at the bottom.
The two blue headers on the left edge are for USB expansion. Two blue SATA connectors are right below. Just to the right of the blue SATA connectors is a SATA SGPIO header.
Looking at the middle left side, we find two blue SATA ports and the front panel header below. The next header is for the LAN3 LEDs.
Looking at the rear of the motherboard, we find the I/O connections. At the left is two USB connections with the IPMI port at the top. The next stack is VGA output and a COM port at the bottom. The little button is the ID LED button.
The next two LAN connectors allow configuration as:
1. When i350 LAN chip is on, LAN1 and LAN2 can support 10Mbps~1Gbps.
2. When X540 LAN chip is on, LAN1 and LAN2 can support up to 100Mbps~10Gbps.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications & Layout Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS & Software Details]
- Page 4 [Remote Management]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - System and CPU Tests]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Memory & UnixBench]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SPEC CPU2006]
- Page 9 [Power Consumption & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- AMD's new Ryzen Balanced Power Plan drivers are here
- Switch to get 'continuous stream' of third-party games
- Nintendo 3DS isn't going anywhere
- Messenger Lite now available in 150 additional countries
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives