Here we have the pair of bright blue silicone adapter that allows for a seal of the notebook to the CARRY. The one to the left is lower, thinner than, and not quite as deep as the one to the right. This allows users to pick the right sized adapter, and because they are silicone, trimming them to fit specifically is easy enough.
For the purposes of this demonstration, we chose the smaller inlet adapter and slipped it on the section of exposed plastic edge protruding from the intake of the CARRY. The grip of the silicone to the plastic is sufficient, and it should not come off when in use.
Evercool sends this recoil system with the round power lead for the CARRY, and at the other end is a USB connection to draw power from the laptop. When fully extended, there is three feet of cable; plenty to power the unit from the opposite side it needs to be used on.
Underneath the CARRY there is a silicone mat. At first we thought this was like one of those dashboard pads that make anything stick; we found that this is actually the side that will stick to any surface we tested on.
We found the back of the grey silicon pad is completely (near edge to edge coverage), backed with 3M adhesive. This is less like the window kit stuff, and more of a very sticky, almost gummy style of adhesive.
Once the pad is applied to the bottom of the CARRY, wherever you may need to be using the Evercool CARRY, whether it is on glass, on wood, Formica, hard surface counters, or stone, it is going to stay exactly where you put it unless directly acted upon with good force. In fact, we found the laptop moved occasionally, and yet the CARRY was exactly where we originally placed it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Evercool CARRY NB-EC01 Notebook Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm and LG working on Snapdragon 845 for the LG G7
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- ASRock X299E-ITX/ac: up to 12C/24T CPU power in ITX form
- Gionee announces three new smartphones
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017