Here we have the pair of bright blue silicone adapter that allows for a seal of the notebook to the CARRY. The one to the left is lower, thinner than, and not quite as deep as the one to the right. This allows users to pick the right sized adapter, and because they are silicone, trimming them to fit specifically is easy enough.
For the purposes of this demonstration, we chose the smaller inlet adapter and slipped it on the section of exposed plastic edge protruding from the intake of the CARRY. The grip of the silicone to the plastic is sufficient, and it should not come off when in use.
Evercool sends this recoil system with the round power lead for the CARRY, and at the other end is a USB connection to draw power from the laptop. When fully extended, there is three feet of cable; plenty to power the unit from the opposite side it needs to be used on.
Underneath the CARRY there is a silicone mat. At first we thought this was like one of those dashboard pads that make anything stick; we found that this is actually the side that will stick to any surface we tested on.
We found the back of the grey silicon pad is completely (near edge to edge coverage), backed with 3M adhesive. This is less like the window kit stuff, and more of a very sticky, almost gummy style of adhesive.
Once the pad is applied to the bottom of the CARRY, wherever you may need to be using the Evercool CARRY, whether it is on glass, on wood, Formica, hard surface counters, or stone, it is going to stay exactly where you put it unless directly acted upon with good force. In fact, we found the laptop moved occasionally, and yet the CARRY was exactly where we originally placed it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Evercool CARRY NB-EC01 Notebook Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Next-gen Hololens to have custom AI chip
- The OnePlus 5 8GB now available for immediate dispatch
- Microsoft Paint killed off with new Creators Update
- The new iPhone 8 might be all about AR
- Apple sued by insurance company for alleged iPhone fire
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4