Inside the Z3 Plus White
The first look inside of the Z3 Plus shows the wiring tied to the motherboard tray and the VGA support system just to the left, screwed into the edge closest to us. We also find the hardware and manual in the HDD rack, and there is a QC checklist sitting in the back.
There are three 5.25-inch bays, the top two of which offer tool-free latches and will house 5.25-inch drives. As for the third bay, it has a 3.5-inch adapter built-in that closes that bay to specifically 3.5-inch exposed devices.
Lower down in the front of the chassis, there is an open area that allows the 120mm fan a solid chance of getting into the main compartment. Below that, there is an HDD rack that looks to hold four drives in it as well as a 2.5-inch drive on the top. There are also holes in the left side of this rack to mount a 120mm fan there.
The top of the chassis has round holes cut into the steel, and there is a pair of 120mm fans installed here. While a single radiator AIO is feasible, the offset of these fans is too wide for standard dual radiators.
The motherboard tray has the standoffs already in place for six of the nine ATX holes, offers a large access hole, and has five wiring holes and a lot of ventilation added to keep things cool.
The floor of the chassis does not offer an optional fan placement, but there are rubber strips to allow the PSU to sit on top of, and we can also see that the back of the chassis, where the PSU mounts to, does not offer a gasket.
Inside of the back of the chassis, there is the last of four 120mm fans installed as the exhaust. This is powered via a 4-pin Molex connection, but it offers a fair length of wiring to get it connected cleanly. We also see the expansion slot covers are breakout style, and there are PSU style screws offered for securing cards.
Looking behind the motherboard, we find only 10mm of room for wiring, but there is a deeper section at the bottom that is 15mm deep and allows for a bit of wire nesting. There is room behind the HDD rack as well, but there will be enough wiring already if those slots are all filled.
The wiring is long enough to get to any size motherboard that this chassis allows for, and it all is mostly black. The exception is the front panel wiring for the switches and LEDs; that came striped red and black.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Zalman Z3 Plus White Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Z3 Plus White]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti