Buffalo TeraStation 5600 WSS
The packaging for the TeraStation 5600 is similar to what we find with other enterprise solutions. Here we have a plain box with a label carrying capacity information along with branding.
Scope of delivery includes the setup guide, power cable, Ethernet cable, and Server 2012 R2 restore on a microSD card.
The TeraStation features a slightly glossy front panel with an LCD at the top. Buttons to the right allow you to cycle through options on the screen.
Opening the front panel, we find all the drive trays numbered with adjacent markings on the chassis itself. To the right, we have a VGA port for first time setup.
Internally, our unit housed six 2TB WD Green drives. These are the WD20EZRX variant with 64MB cache.
The back of the TeraStation has two 92mm fans to pull heat out of the unit. Over to the left, we find the I/O panel with dual gigabit LAN, USB 3.0, and USB 2.0.
The motherboard for the unit houses two PCIe slots for the backplane. Over to the right, we have the Intel Atom and chipset hiding under the black heat sink. The memory, found under the heat sink, looks like it may be upgradeable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- Top Memorial Day laptop deals with 7th Gen Kaby Lake
- New Dragon Age game could be big-budget, not RTS spinoff
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017