Buffalo TeraStation 5600 WSS
The packaging for the TeraStation 5600 is similar to what we find with other enterprise solutions. Here we have a plain box with a label carrying capacity information along with branding.
Scope of delivery includes the setup guide, power cable, Ethernet cable, and Server 2012 R2 restore on a microSD card.
The TeraStation features a slightly glossy front panel with an LCD at the top. Buttons to the right allow you to cycle through options on the screen.
Opening the front panel, we find all the drive trays numbered with adjacent markings on the chassis itself. To the right, we have a VGA port for first time setup.
Internally, our unit housed six 2TB WD Green drives. These are the WD20EZRX variant with 64MB cache.
The back of the TeraStation has two 92mm fans to pull heat out of the unit. Over to the left, we find the I/O panel with dual gigabit LAN, USB 3.0, and USB 2.0.
The motherboard for the unit houses two PCIe slots for the backplane. Over to the right, we have the Intel Atom and chipset hiding under the black heat sink. The memory, found under the heat sink, looks like it may be upgradeable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- Watch Dogs 2's new patch is better on RAM, and more
- Galaxy S8 rumored to cost $849, launches on March 29
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99