Accessories and Documentation
Alphacool also sends along a set of six 3/8" matte black compression fittings to secure tubing and make all the connections between the CPU block, reservoir, and radiator. These are knurled and offer no place for wrenches. In our experience with them, there isn't any need for that sort of force to install these properly.
Out of the packaging and disassembled, the brass fittings have a 3/8" OD to the inner section with a half-inch OD that the knurled nut will allow to pass through but still lock to the base of these fittings.
With a pair hand tightened into the radiator, we can see that the finished product will look much cleaner than barbs and clamps, which are a huge step in that next level of a water loop build. We found the O-rings seated rather easily, and even when it comes to tightening in the tubing, finger tight is all you need; overkill is just that.
We also are given roughly twelve feet of 3/8" ID, 1/2" OD clear tubing from Clearflex. This will allow users to add a color if they wish to the coolant and still be seen easily throughout the loop. It is also easily flexed to make connections, but don't bend it too far or it will deform and eventually kink.
They also send a 1000 milliliter bottle of Cape Kelvin Catcher fluid. The formula seems to be a secret, but they don't use the conventional additives to make this, and it is still anti-corrosive, anti-fungal, and safe for mixed metal loops, as well as being safe for various tubing materials.
To help bleed the loop, there is also an ATX bridge adapter that allows you to use the switch or power cord on the PSU along with this device to fool the PSU to thinking the motherboard is connected so that you can leak test and rid the system of air.
The set is cooled with this pair of NB-eLoop 1200RPM Bionic Loop fans. These are, of course, 120mm fans that are 25mm thick and offer this radiator 0.9mmH2O of static pressure with 72 cubic meters per hour of airflow. On this side of the pond, that is roughly 45CFM on these fans that carry a three-year warranty.
The fans are powered with 3-pin connectors and also have rubber corner inserts to isolate the fan from whatever it is mounted to, in this instance, the UT60. There are six large blue blades in each fan, but look closer as these fans have a continuous ring that's just inside of the black frame designed to help boost performance.
There is an offset between the fans, and that is something to consider when looking at the pattern of holes offered in a chassis. We do like the sleeved wiring as it will help it disappear in the build. Speaking of that, it is now time to put it all together and see what we have.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Alphacool NexXxoS XP3 Light - Acetal Edition CPU Water Block]
- Page 4 [VPP655 and Repack Single Laing D5 - Dual 5.25" Bay Station]
- Page 5 [NexXoS UT60 Full Copper 240mm Radiator]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset