Accessories and Documentation
Alphacool also sends along a set of six 3/8" matte black compression fittings to secure tubing and make all the connections between the CPU block, reservoir, and radiator. These are knurled and offer no place for wrenches. In our experience with them, there isn't any need for that sort of force to install these properly.
Out of the packaging and disassembled, the brass fittings have a 3/8" OD to the inner section with a half-inch OD that the knurled nut will allow to pass through but still lock to the base of these fittings.
With a pair hand tightened into the radiator, we can see that the finished product will look much cleaner than barbs and clamps, which are a huge step in that next level of a water loop build. We found the O-rings seated rather easily, and even when it comes to tightening in the tubing, finger tight is all you need; overkill is just that.
We also are given roughly twelve feet of 3/8" ID, 1/2" OD clear tubing from Clearflex. This will allow users to add a color if they wish to the coolant and still be seen easily throughout the loop. It is also easily flexed to make connections, but don't bend it too far or it will deform and eventually kink.
They also send a 1000 milliliter bottle of Cape Kelvin Catcher fluid. The formula seems to be a secret, but they don't use the conventional additives to make this, and it is still anti-corrosive, anti-fungal, and safe for mixed metal loops, as well as being safe for various tubing materials.
To help bleed the loop, there is also an ATX bridge adapter that allows you to use the switch or power cord on the PSU along with this device to fool the PSU to thinking the motherboard is connected so that you can leak test and rid the system of air.
The set is cooled with this pair of NB-eLoop 1200RPM Bionic Loop fans. These are, of course, 120mm fans that are 25mm thick and offer this radiator 0.9mmH2O of static pressure with 72 cubic meters per hour of airflow. On this side of the pond, that is roughly 45CFM on these fans that carry a three-year warranty.
The fans are powered with 3-pin connectors and also have rubber corner inserts to isolate the fan from whatever it is mounted to, in this instance, the UT60. There are six large blue blades in each fan, but look closer as these fans have a continuous ring that's just inside of the black frame designed to help boost performance.
There is an offset between the fans, and that is something to consider when looking at the pattern of holes offered in a chassis. We do like the sleeved wiring as it will help it disappear in the build. Speaking of that, it is now time to put it all together and see what we have.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Alphacool NexXxoS XP3 Light - Acetal Edition CPU Water Block]
- Page 4 [VPP655 and Repack Single Laing D5 - Dual 5.25" Bay Station]
- Page 5 [NexXoS UT60 Full Copper 240mm Radiator]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Destiny: The Taken King's raid won't be live upon release
- Save Up to 96% On August's Top 3 Deals
- Astronauts believe it's only a matter of time before man heads to Mars
- Destiny: Xur's Three of Coins exotic drop buff will be a gamble
- UK debuts its 'UK Against ISIL' social media account
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20