Alphacool NexXoS XP3 Light - Acetal Edition CPU Water Block
Fresh out of the box, this Acetal XP3 Light CPU block has a centralized inlet with the outlet at the top of the block with G1/4" threads. Along with the markings at the inlet and outlet, there is also a copper OCOOL nameplate, and it starts the black and copper theme found throughout the set.
Flipping the block over to have a look at the base, we find a thick copper plate held in with copper screws, and the mating surface has marks left from the leveling process but is fairly smooth.
The Cross-slotted structure has an increased pin count. Designed to work better than previous versions, the 0.5mm square by 2.5mm tall pins are what Alphacool found best to rid the CPU of heat and transfer it to the liquid in the loop.
Alphacool also uses an injection system to push the liquid into that pin array we just looked at. The slotted design allows for the best flow across the pins and also compensates for backflow with the channels running in opposite directions. Then, of course, after passing through the copper plate, the outer channel take the liquid to the port seen at the top right.
The hardware kit sent along with the XP3 Light offers everything you need to get going. There is thermal paste and a wrench at the top. There are four nuts to secure the mounting screws to the board, LGA2011 mounting screws, and four springs for all setups. At the bottom, there are four steel washers, nine nylon washers, four thumbscrews, and the standard screws for Intel and AMD mounting.
On the left is an AMD and potentially an Intel back plate since they send the LGA775 foam pad, but with no socket screw holes for Intel sockets, that plate is relegated to mainly AMD. To the right, we have the Intel and AMD brackets that set on the ledge of the Acetal top and secure the bock to the motherboard.
This is what is given for instructions for the CPU block. There is an insert stating not to use a wrench to tighten into the Acetal threads. The larger paper is a multilingual installation manual. The illustration shows an Intel motherboard, and as you can see, there is no back plate in that image.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Alphacool NexXxoS XP3 Light - Acetal Edition CPU Water Block]
- Page 4 [VPP655 and Repack Single Laing D5 - Dual 5.25" Bay Station]
- Page 5 [NexXoS UT60 Full Copper 240mm Radiator]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- CCleaner hits Windows 10, helping users clear junk out of their system
- CybertronPC first to add support for AMD Radeon R9 NANO video card
- SilverStone hits the storage market again, hot-swap RAID rack release
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- Razer Leviathan 5.1 Channel Gaming Sound Bar and Sub Review
- ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Fast BOOT Issue
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20