Time flies when you're having fun, and while there is a lot of effort and hard work that goes on in the background to provide our viewers with the quality content that they demand, it is fair to say that we have a lot of fun doing our jobs here at TweakTown. That also means that the time flies by and what seems like was just a month or two ago can be quite a bit longer than that.
This is exactly what has happened here as it feels like Corsair delivered us the AX1200i just a few short months ago. We praised the unit time and time again, not only in our review but to friends, family, coworkers, and numerous others. It's become one of the top units amongst enthusiasts, overclockers, system builders, and many more. Most of us at TweakTown have at least one of these power supplies in use with our test systems and some even have a spare just because it comes in very handy. It does everything you can ask of a power supply and does so with excellence.
As with everything related to technology, what was once the king of the hill is surely to be yesterday's news within a few years' time. The AX1200i is something that we felt to be a little different as we even labeled it as a unit that "defines a new bar for what it means to be an enthusiast level power supply." Corsair has been very hard at work seeking to outdo themselves, and the AX1500i that we are covering today has a very solid chance to do just that.
Many may think that the AX1500i is simply a higher wattage version of what they already had, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Corsair still utilizes Flextronics as their OEM for the unit, but almost everything is elevated to the next level. While there is most certainly a significant increase in power output, there is also a nice boost in efficiency, increased cabling to make use of this power, integration of the Corsair Link dongle, and more. If you're a true enthusiast, then this should be more than enough to make you want to know more. Let's start digging into this unit and see what it has to offer.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
I/O specifications have changed very little for the AX1500i when compared to the AX1200i. 12V power is increased and now up to 125A, which can be delivered over a single rail or split upon multiple rails with custom OCP points via their software. Both the 3.3V and 5V minor rails are rated for 30A each with a combined maximum output of 180W. The 5VSB rail remains the same as well with 3.5A of power available. Maximum combined output of the Corsair AX1500i is 1500W.
We would be sadly disappointed if Corsair didn't give us all the features that we check for right out of the box. Protections are plentiful with SCP, OVP, OCP, OPP, and OTP all present. All of the cables for the AX1500i are fully modular and are of the flat ribbon type. The power supply is rated for 100 percent continuous power at 50C as this unit is meant to be tortured from start to finish. The AX1500i is rated for 80 PLUS Titanium efficiency, which is something new for the TweakTown test bench. Up until now, Titanium efficiency has been very hard for manufacturers to achieve with 115V.
The AX1500i is a fully digital power supply. This allows for the unit to make adjustments on-the-fly and increase efficiency. It also integrates with the Corsair Link software for real-time monitoring and more. We will cover more on this soon as we are currently working on putting together a new test system specifically designed to show what all you can do with digital power supplies and their associated software.
Corsair has an MSRP of $449 for the AX1500i. There's no way to sugar coat this, and Corsair is quite proud of what they've brought to the market, but you can't race a Lamborghini with a Corolla either. If you want and need the best, you're going to have to be prepared to spend some money. At the very least, you know that you are covered for years to come. Corsair will stand behind the AX1500i with their industry leading 7-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- Qualcomm announces Snapdragon 835 VR dev kit program
- Qualcomm and Leap Motion: use real life hands in VR
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording