With the Z97-WS we find a new and improved UEFI BIOS that ASUS has developed. We find that is much simpler to use and offers many new features.
This is the main EZ Mode BIOS screen, which shows basic system information and options you can change without going deeper into the BIOS. It really offers just about anything that you would really need to adjust on this screen. To change the boot order, simply drag the device you want to boot first to the top spot. One of the things I changed first was CPU Fan speed and I simply dragged the line in the bar graph to 100%, as I wanted the fans running at full speed the whole time I was testing.
We also see EZ Tuning here, which we will go into in just a bit in the Overclocking section.
Clicking the Advanced Mode button at the bottom right brings you to this screen. Notice on the right side we can see hardware monitor read outs.
This is the main screen for the AI Tweaker.
Now we see in the next four screens, additional options for the AI Tweaker tab.
Now we are looking at the Advanced tab and in the next two screens.
That sums up the new UEFI BIOS screens and as you can see they offer just about anything you might want to adjust and then some.
The supplied driver disk has the basic drivers that you need to get this board up and running.
Inserting the driver disk, we come to the first screen, which shows the options available for this disk. Clicking on each of these sections listed will start to install the selected drivers.
Here are the last two drivers in the list.
Here is the list of utilities that you can install.
These are the last four utilities.
If you need RAID drivers, you can find them here.
Here are manuals in case you need them.
Should you need to contact ASUS you can find that information here. The last tab has specials for software.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Next-gen Hololens to have custom AI chip
- The OnePlus 5 8GB now available for immediate dispatch
- Microsoft Paint killed off with new Creators Update
- The new iPhone 8 might be all about AR
- Apple sued by insurance company for alleged iPhone fire
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4