Just like some of the other ASUS workstation motherboards we have tested, this one is nice and clean. It has large heat sinks for the power components so they should run nice and cool. The area around the CPU socket is clean, so it should provide good airflow, which helps to keep it nice and cool.
You can also see two 8 pin and one 6 pin power connectors. The two 8 pin power connectors are for the CPU. The 6 pin power connector off to the left of the heat sinks we assume is for using more than one video card or other PCIe expansion boards that might need extra power.
In our tests, we only used the two 8 pin power connectors. Also off to the left side you can see the two Q-Code LED displays.
Here we get a close up of the power area on the motherboard. You can also see the three power connectors. As we said above, we only used to the two 8 pin connectors on the right for our testing.
Looking at the top left of the motherboard, we can see the front panel audio header with a SPDIF header next to that. Next, we can see the power and reset buttons.
Now looking at the lower left side of the motherboard, we find two USB 2.0 headers at the top, followed below with a TPM header - if you wish to use the feature, you can plug in a TPM module here.
Next to the TPM header we find a T-Sensor connector, chassis intrusion connector, chassis fan control jumper and a CPU over voltage jumper.
The red button is for clearing the CMOS. Here we also see the new SATA Express connectors followed by four more SATA ports. Just above the SATA Express connector, we find the M.2 Socket 3 port. Just after the SATA connectors, we find the Dr. Power switch.
On the bottom of the board, we can see the two USB 3.0 front panel headers and the main 24 pin power connector.
Now looking at the bottom right side of the motherboard, we see the EZ XMP switch and MemOK button.
Following up the right side of the board, we find the TPU switch, which allows you to automatically adjust the CPU ratio and clock speed for optimal system performance. Above that is the EPU switch, which will automatically detect the current PC load and moderate the power consumption.
Here we get a better look at the SATA connections. On the left, we see the two SATA Express ports, and on the right are the four SATA ports.
Looking at the back I/O, left side is Optical S/SPDIF output, HDMI port and DisplayPort outputs. Next is two USB 2.0 ports and an eSATA port, and the next stack is Q-Code logger button and the USB BIOS Flashback button. There are also two USB 3.0 ports, Mini DisplayPort, and the next two stacks are the same with Intel LAN ports with two USB 3.0 ports below. The last stack is the audio outputs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+: Everything you need to know
- The Galaxy S8+ is official and it looks marvelous
- It's official! Samsung announces the Galaxy S8
- Destiny 2 content timed exclusive to PS4 until 2018
- Destiny 2 trailer shows Cabal invading Last City
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design