Just like some of the other ASUS workstation motherboards we have tested, this one is nice and clean. It has large heat sinks for the power components so they should run nice and cool. The area around the CPU socket is clean, so it should provide good airflow, which helps to keep it nice and cool.
You can also see two 8 pin and one 6 pin power connectors. The two 8 pin power connectors are for the CPU. The 6 pin power connector off to the left of the heat sinks we assume is for using more than one video card or other PCIe expansion boards that might need extra power.
In our tests, we only used the two 8 pin power connectors. Also off to the left side you can see the two Q-Code LED displays.
Here we get a close up of the power area on the motherboard. You can also see the three power connectors. As we said above, we only used to the two 8 pin connectors on the right for our testing.
Looking at the top left of the motherboard, we can see the front panel audio header with a SPDIF header next to that. Next, we can see the power and reset buttons.
Now looking at the lower left side of the motherboard, we find two USB 2.0 headers at the top, followed below with a TPM header - if you wish to use the feature, you can plug in a TPM module here.
Next to the TPM header we find a T-Sensor connector, chassis intrusion connector, chassis fan control jumper and a CPU over voltage jumper.
The red button is for clearing the CMOS. Here we also see the new SATA Express connectors followed by four more SATA ports. Just above the SATA Express connector, we find the M.2 Socket 3 port. Just after the SATA connectors, we find the Dr. Power switch.
On the bottom of the board, we can see the two USB 3.0 front panel headers and the main 24 pin power connector.
Now looking at the bottom right side of the motherboard, we see the EZ XMP switch and MemOK button.
Following up the right side of the board, we find the TPU switch, which allows you to automatically adjust the CPU ratio and clock speed for optimal system performance. Above that is the EPU switch, which will automatically detect the current PC load and moderate the power consumption.
Here we get a better look at the SATA connections. On the left, we see the two SATA Express ports, and on the right are the four SATA ports.
Looking at the back I/O, left side is Optical S/SPDIF output, HDMI port and DisplayPort outputs. Next is two USB 2.0 ports and an eSATA port, and the next stack is Q-Code logger button and the USB BIOS Flashback button. There are also two USB 3.0 ports, Mini DisplayPort, and the next two stacks are the same with Intel LAN ports with two USB 3.0 ports below. The last stack is the audio outputs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's next-gen MacBook Pro expected mid-October
- Xbox Scorpio's true 4K res won't be easy for developers
- NVIDIA shows off 4K 60FPS footage of Titanfall 2 on PC
- NVIDIA's new Xavier chip is super-fast, powered by Volta
- Star Citizen boss: it's the 'best damn everything sim'
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now