Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts
Hitting at $599.99, the ASUS GTX 780 ROG Poseidon Platinum 3GB OC isn't a cheap video card. Instead, it's the most expensive GTX 780 on the market. Is it worth the associated price increase over other models? To be perfectly frank: yes and no. Out of the box without water cooling, the ASUS GTX 780 ROG Poseidon Platinum 3GB OC is a fantastic video card.
Is it $90 better than the ASUS version that doesn't come with the implanted DirectCU H2O+ Water Channel and Vapor Chamber? Yes, if you can make use of the water cooling ability. If you're not going to make use of the water cooling function on the card, you would honestly be better off spending $90 less on the standard DirectCU II version. Saying that, though, the ASUS GTX 780 ROG Poseidon Platinum 3GB OC does come with a core clock 60Mhz higher than that. If you don't want to overclock yourself, then this could still be the better purchase.
There's no denying, though, that if you want to get the absolute most out of this video card and the extra money associated with it, then you want to be making use of a cooling system that can take advantage of the integrated water block. With that in use, you'd then want to get into the overclocking side of things and increase the clock speeds even higher. If the card has no trouble handling these clocks with the water feature not in use, it's going to be able to handle even higher clocks with it in use.
Overall, though, performance is exceptional, and you can see, thanks to that strong overclock, our ASUS GTX 780 ROG Poseidon Platinum 3GB OC manages to outperform the EVGA GTX TITAN 6GB SuperClocked more often than not. As for the bundle, there's not a whole lot going on. Instead, ASUS let the cooler do all the talking, and really that does a lot of talking as it is indeed extremely impressive.
You can't deny that you need to make use of the water cooling feature on the ASUS GTX 780 ROG Poseidon Platinum 3GB OC to get the absolute most out of the card and its associated $599 price tag. That isn't to say, though, that if you're using the air cooling function only it's not a fantastic buy. It just doesn't hold the same value, and we'd recommend that if you're interested in overclocking yourself, the $509 DirectCU II version may be a better purchase.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS GTX 780 ROG Poseidon Platinum 3GB OC for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASUS GTX 780 ROG Poseidon Platinum 3GB OC retails for $599.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - F1 2012 & Metro Last Light]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 15 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni