Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
So what is Anvil Storage Utilities? First of all, it's a storage benchmark for SSDs and HDDs where you can check and monitor your performance. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or the write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16.
Anvil Storage Utilities is not officially available yet, but we've been playing with the beta for several months now. The author, Anvil on several international forums, has been updating the software steadily and is adding new features every couple of months.
The software is used several different ways to show different aspects for each drive. We've chosen to use this software to show the performance of a drive with two different data sets. The first is with compressible data, and the second data set is incompressible data. Several users have requested this data in our SSD reviews.
0-Fill Compressible Data
The LSI SandForce architecture means incompressible data writes are slower than compressible data writes. In the two charts above, we see the effect incompressible data has in a number of different tests. The most significant change comes in the sequential write category where incompressible data writes at around half of the speed as compressible data.
Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
This test shows the way queue depth effects performance of 4k reads (above) and writes (below). The RevoDrive 350 scales very well as the queue depth increases. OCZ's spec sheet claims 90k read IOPS, but we achieved well over 130k in our test at QD32.
Scaling Write IOPS through Queue Scale
I had to go back and run the test again to verify what I was seeing. OCZ claimed 140k IOPS at QD32, but we hit 240k on a drive that was already worn from previous tests.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [OCZ RevoDrive 350 SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage (Data on Disk Testing)]
- Page 9 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 10 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Forza Horizon 3 shows that Microsoft hates PC gaming
- Microsoft is reportedly working on an all-in-one Surface
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- Microsoft admits PCs have 'eclipsed' consoles
- Civilization VI and Deluxe pre-order deals now available
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now