OCZ RevoDrive 350 SSD
OCZ has moved all of the products over to new unified graphics with the turquoise, white, and black theme.
The packaging does a good job of securing the drive for shipping.
A software disk is included. On the disk, you'll find the drivers and software utilities.
Here we get our first look at the actual RevoDrive 350. The cover is nearly identical to OCZ's Z-Drive 4500 and ZD-XL SQL Accelerator 1.5, both from the enterprise side. The lower right hand portion doubles as a heat sink for the VCA 2.0 controller. It's a full height, half depth card, but this size shouldn't be a problem for workstation users.
On the back, we see the four LSI SandForce SF-2281 controllers and half of the Toshiba 19nm flash.
To simplify things, OCZ slapped four 120GB drives together with a RAID controller with all of the power on the same board. I can almost hear the designers and engineers screaming, but as said, this is the simplified version.
While researching some of the other components, we learned that OCZ put some logic behind the power distribution.
Unlike the RevoDrive products before it, the new 350 doubled the bandwidth to the system. The 350 uses a PCIe 2.0 8-lane connector to the host.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [OCZ RevoDrive 350 SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage (Data on Disk Testing)]
- Page 9 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 10 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives