OCZ RevoDrive 350 SSD
OCZ has moved all of the products over to new unified graphics with the turquoise, white, and black theme.
The packaging does a good job of securing the drive for shipping.
A software disk is included. On the disk, you'll find the drivers and software utilities.
Here we get our first look at the actual RevoDrive 350. The cover is nearly identical to OCZ's Z-Drive 4500 and ZD-XL SQL Accelerator 1.5, both from the enterprise side. The lower right hand portion doubles as a heat sink for the VCA 2.0 controller. It's a full height, half depth card, but this size shouldn't be a problem for workstation users.
On the back, we see the four LSI SandForce SF-2281 controllers and half of the Toshiba 19nm flash.
To simplify things, OCZ slapped four 120GB drives together with a RAID controller with all of the power on the same board. I can almost hear the designers and engineers screaming, but as said, this is the simplified version.
While researching some of the other components, we learned that OCZ put some logic behind the power distribution.
Unlike the RevoDrive products before it, the new 350 doubled the bandwidth to the system. The 350 uses a PCIe 2.0 8-lane connector to the host.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [OCZ RevoDrive 350 SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage (Data on Disk Testing)]
- Page 9 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 10 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi is rumored to announce a VR headset on August 1
- Farming Simulator 2017 gameplay trailer released
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has gone gold, is ready for August 24 release
- EA is centralizing its Battlefield games under a single UI
- AMD details their new Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 graphics cards
- Can't use Google maps
- Main GA Z97X UD5H BK cannot boot with VGA R9 280X
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio