While heating performance is not that big of a deal to many 3D Printing Enthusiasts, I find it to be an excellent benchmark of how well a printer's hot end is designed. Printers with too much thermal mass will take a long time to heat up, while printers with too little will heat very fast, but take longer to recover from a long, fast extrusion that saps the heat away quickly.
To test heater performance, I place a type K Thermocouple on the heater block opposite of the heater core. The Ord Bot Hadron really shines here with a heating time of 1 minute and 19 seconds to heat from room temperature (23C) to 200C.
The Ord Bot Hadron utilizes a 12V power supply and a standard 200mm-class heated bed PCB with a standard borosilicate glass top surface permanently attached. It took 4 minutes and 39 seconds to heat from room temperature (23C) to 100C.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Overview and Hardware Specifications]
- Page 2 [Unboxing and Photos]
- Page 3 [Setup and Use]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [Testing: Small Part Stress Test]
- Page 6 [Testing: Overhangs and Bridging]
- Page 7 [Testing: Sphere and Complex Surface Quality]
- Page 8 [Testing: Circle Accuracy]
- Page 9 [Testing: Complex Objects and Time]
- Page 10 [Heating Performance]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Quest Builders FREE demo now available for users
- Black Ops 3 mod tools enter open beta
- Elon Musk wants to colonize Mars
- Wasteland 3 announced, features co-op play
- Pay any price for this 12-course Microsoft Office bundle
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now