While heating performance is not that big of a deal to many 3D Printing Enthusiasts, I find it to be an excellent benchmark of how well a printer's hot end is designed. Printers with too much thermal mass will take a long time to heat up, while printers with too little will heat very fast, but take longer to recover from a long, fast extrusion that saps the heat away quickly.
To test heater performance, I place a type K Thermocouple on the heater block opposite of the heater core. The Ord Bot Hadron really shines here with a heating time of 1 minute and 19 seconds to heat from room temperature (23C) to 200C.
The Ord Bot Hadron utilizes a 12V power supply and a standard 200mm-class heated bed PCB with a standard borosilicate glass top surface permanently attached. It took 4 minutes and 39 seconds to heat from room temperature (23C) to 100C.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Overview and Hardware Specifications]
- Page 2 [Unboxing and Photos]
- Page 3 [Setup and Use]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [Testing: Small Part Stress Test]
- Page 6 [Testing: Overhangs and Bridging]
- Page 7 [Testing: Sphere and Complex Surface Quality]
- Page 8 [Testing: Circle Accuracy]
- Page 9 [Testing: Complex Objects and Time]
- Page 10 [Heating Performance]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD Crimson driver causing fan issues, hotfix incoming
- Apacer announces new Panther 2666MHz DDR4 RAM modules
- Police called due to altercation between eSports pro and journalist
- Amazon's new Prime Air drones deliver packages in 30 minutes or less
- Star Wars Battlefront weekend PC players doubled by Team Fortress 2
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis