LaCie Little Big Disk Thunderbolt 2
I was quite surprised at how small the box was for the LBD, but it really goes to show how small the device actually is. On the front of the box, we have an image of the drive centered with marketing information around the outside edges.
Removing the packages from the box, you can see LaCie took a lot of care in packaging the LBD. The accessories are separated into their own box while the unit itself is packed into high-density foam.
The scope of delivery for the LBD includes a whole host of power connections, which appear to be one for each region the device will be launched. We also have the Thunderbolt cable, stand for the enclosure, and the Little Big Disk itself.
The Little Big Disk Thunderbolt 2 is a Neil Poulton design, though to differentiate from previous models, LaCie has gone with a black finish.
The back of the drive houses dual Thunderbolt 2 ports along with the power connection and Kensington lock slot.
Opening up the unit, we found a very small fan with a rubber duct to control the flow of air in the unit.
The Thunderbolt 2 PCB houses the Intel L5520 Controller.
Moving on, we have the M.2 PCB with both 512GB Samsung PCIe SSDs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [LaCie Little Big Disk Thunderbolt 2]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Black Magic Design Disk Speed Test]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- In case you missed it. ARK: Survival Evolved updated on Xbox One
- Twitch users spent 241 billion minutes watching games in 2015
- Samsung's huge 18.4-inch Galaxy View tablet drops to $449.99
- Google possibly making all-in-one, self-powered VR headset
- Quantum Break is DX12 only, requires 8GB of RAM minimum
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives