LaCie Little Big Disk Thunderbolt 2
I was quite surprised at how small the box was for the LBD, but it really goes to show how small the device actually is. On the front of the box, we have an image of the drive centered with marketing information around the outside edges.
Removing the packages from the box, you can see LaCie took a lot of care in packaging the LBD. The accessories are separated into their own box while the unit itself is packed into high-density foam.
The scope of delivery for the LBD includes a whole host of power connections, which appear to be one for each region the device will be launched. We also have the Thunderbolt cable, stand for the enclosure, and the Little Big Disk itself.
The Little Big Disk Thunderbolt 2 is a Neil Poulton design, though to differentiate from previous models, LaCie has gone with a black finish.
The back of the drive houses dual Thunderbolt 2 ports along with the power connection and Kensington lock slot.
Opening up the unit, we found a very small fan with a rubber duct to control the flow of air in the unit.
The Thunderbolt 2 PCB houses the Intel L5520 Controller.
Moving on, we have the M.2 PCB with both 512GB Samsung PCIe SSDs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [LaCie Little Big Disk Thunderbolt 2]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Black Magic Design Disk Speed Test]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Free Xbox LIVE games for August leaked
- AMD's Radeon Pro SSG handles 8K 96FPS, thanks to an on-board M.2 SSD
- AMD introduces Radeon Pro WX series, Polaris-based workstation cards
- Grand Theft Auto V's new mod pushes close to photo-realistic graphics
- Rare Boba Fett 'Star Wars' action figure sells for $34k at auction
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio