The MyCloud EX2 is the final piece and rounds out Western Digital's personal cloud storage lineup quite well. The build quality of the unit is quite good, with durable plastics and a center steel structure underneath. Having the ability to upgrade this NAS is a great option as well, though as you can see in the image below, it did throw a fit when I installed a drive that was not a WD Red. In fact, after installing 4TB drives from another manufacturer, the drive sleep function ceased to work.
Performance of the EX2 was quite good in our single client testing with NASPT and even our workload testing where we saw the NAS touch 1550 write IOPS and 52 MB/s peak in sequential testing.
Multi-Client performance was decent as well, and in the future as we add more NAS appliances to those charts, we will see how things fill out as time passes.
Overall, I would say the WD MyCloud EX2 is a great solution for families to store their memories and something you can truly grow with. Setup of this solution is about as simple as it gets, and since WD has setup the NAS from the factory in RAID 1, it's almost plug and play.
The MSRP for the 4TB WD MyCloud EX2 tested here today is set at $369.99 with a two-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the WD MyCloud EX2 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The WD MyCloud EX2 (4TB) retails for $369.00 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [WD MyCloud EX2]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and NAS Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Single Client Throughput]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Random and Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Consumer Multi Client]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's foldable smartphone to launch before the Note8
- Destiny 2 screenshots revealed
- Samsung is aware of weird fingerprint sensor location
- Destiny 2 to feature 'great story and characters'
- Samsung doubles Galaxy S8 supply, expects record sales
- iStorage datAshur Pro 8GB Encrypted Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- CD PROJEKT summarizes its 2016 financial results
- Destiny 2 announced: blockbuster sequel to the biggest new console video game franchise launch of all time set for September 8
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software